trenton

Mega thread suggestion: healthy conservative views

27 posts in this topic

Johann Sebastian Bach - Mass in B Minor - Gratias agim tibi (We give thee to You). 

"All of Bach's music is an angelic tragedy. The earthly exile of angels is it's motivé and hidden meaning. This why we can only understand Bach when we distance ourselves from our humanity, when we experience our first memory. Afflicted by the fall in time, Bach only saw eternity. The pathos of this vision is to represent the process of ascending to eternity and not eternity itself. Music in which we are not eternal but where we will become. Eternity is the complete defeat of time and entry, not into another order of existence, but into a substantially different world...

Heaven is the absolute moment, a loop where everything is current. The tension and dynamism of his music comes from the fact that we have to conquer paradise; we don't want it given to us."

" Who, in ecstasy in front of this music, has not felt his naturally fleeting condition; who has not imagined the succession of possible worlds that come between us and paradise will never understand why Bach's sounds are so many seraphic kisses... "

Emil Cioran, Le livre des leurres (The Book of Lures, 1936.)

Credit for this music and quote goes to a good friend of mine who has discovered this for me ?

11 hours ago, Milos Uzelac said:

Screenshot_20210401_174747.jpg

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

@Forestluv

Me too. Back then there was not much out there. 

I think Jacko is also big on honor and sacrifice for the team as well.

Edited by Epikur

@Milos Uzelac Religious-inspired creativity can be so amazing. There can be an extra transcendental component to it. . . I spent a full day in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican and was overpowered in awe. I sat for hours mesmerized by the creations. There was an extra essence of spirituality that I can't explain. The closest I can come is being inspired, empowered, devoted, love, praise for god. 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

@Milos Uzelac Religious-inspired creativity can be so amazing. There can be an extra transcendental component to it. .. 

I am just discovering the potential power it can bestow upon the individual if comprehended and practiced consciously and correctly. I was kinda of anti-religious and anti-Christian before due to my upbringing and being ingraved the stereotype by my family that religion, especially in my country's histories context is backwards and for hypocritical people, who preach one thing and do another or at least for people who have lost faith in themselves and have given all their personal power to be led or instructed by a person who claims to represent a higher authority. But in the last couple of months certain things and past memories resurfaced in my life that forced me to radically change my view and thoughts on religion and my feelings towards it. 

Didn't consider practicing meditation from time to time and casual research in spirituality as being a practicing something in some organized religion per se. 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

@Milos UzelacI spent a full day in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican and was overpowered in awe. I sat for hours mesmerized by the creations. There was an extra essence of spirituality that I can't explain. The closest I can come is being inspired, empowered, devoted, love, praise for god. 

I believe you! I had these casual and similar unexplainable feelings, at least to myself then, when being in a church as a child and sinking in, at least I interpreted it then, the intended created otherworldly atmosphere in it, with the scented smells inside and seemingly frozen in time images and icons caressing it's walls. I could probably go to the giant Saint Sava Church in Belgrade to at least try to imitate even for a tiny bit the feeling of grandiosity and awe that entering the Saint Peter Basilica can produce for a first comer. 

My professor of sociology of religion and the course Introduction to World Religions at my faculty, which I registered to attend this semester, described to us attending it, in detail, during a lecture this semester about the West and Islam and the history of religious tolerance in Muslim Spain, the feelings he got when he, as apart of researching the Islamic tradition in Spain, visited the Grand Mosque in Cordoba. 

He said of the experience I paraphrase: It is if I entered a never-ending and infinite maze of intertwined arches and pillars who's elegance and complexity in construction and decoration exceeded any reasonable and logical comprehension of how they came to exist as they are in the first place as a part of the rest of the human made architecture in the city and that I was indeed still on Earth when standing there in the mosques interior and just looking at them with awe and not some other otherworldy divine place. Perhaps Jannah itself, paradise in Islam, as if it would look if it had a place on Earth and if it was in an interior of a building imitatiting it of how it should look in the afterlife. 

Edited by Milos Uzelac

8 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Some good explanations on being a conservative:

RIP Roger Scruton ?

Edited by Milos Uzelac

I will be quoting Leo from the maga riot mega thread.

"Honestly, that split already happened 4 years ago with intelligent conservatives like David Frum, Bill Krystal, Nichol Wallace, Joe Scarborough. They knew right off the bat that Trump was an imposter conservative and they opposed him early on."

David Frum said: "when this is all over, nobody will admit to having supported it."

These are conservatives worth checking out because they demonstrated integrity.  I watched one of them a couple of months ago.  In healthy conservative views there is more to it than making your audience afraid of the left.  These healthy conservative views are very different from mainstream republicans who are embracing trumpism.