Zion

What is the different between balance & equality?

7 posts in this topic

How would you culturally define balance versus equality?

Hello id like to contributing to the bumpaning.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:06 PM, Zion said:

How would you culturally define balance versus equality?

Sounds like its dependent on stage of development. Going to get different answers. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral In an altruistic sense, how are balance & equality differentiated?

@Zion You ask good questions with a curious mind.

Good questions can often reveal a variety of good insights - coming from different perspectives.

13 hours ago, Zion said:

how are balance & equality differentiated?

There is no one objective meaning of terms such as ‘‘balance’ and 'equality'. We create the distinctions. That is the beautiful interplay between formless and form. 

While exploring this area, I would *balance* differences and similarities. I would treat the two *equally*

Notice how both words describe the relationship between atleast two separate parts or entities. Then notice how all words do this to some extent (hot vs. cold, up vs. down, in vs. out, short vs. tall, rough vs. smooth etc.). All these have their own flavor or quality. There is an untold amount of relationships like this in reality, many of them overlapping.

One word can also only approximate the extent of each relationship. That is why you can have many words for something similar, and you can keep adding more and more depending on the level of investigation. That is why native people north of the Artic circle have 50 words for qualities of snow. But even this doesn't capture the full nature of snow. No word can do that.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.