Radu97

How would you explain this to your mom?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I have registered myself on the government vaccine wait list yesterday and today I got an sms saying that on wednesday I can already get my first shot.

The thing is my family are all against this covid vaccine and no matter what explanation I give them they would always have an answer back even though I respect their decision and don't talk them into getting it.

My mom said she will accept me for getting it but I still don't want to tell her as this will further cause more discussions. They are pitting me as if I am committing suicide....don't know why.

How would you cope in this situation?

Thanks all.

You could learn how to talk to them or if you're too lazy to do it or you don't see a value in it just don't tell them. 

Just keep it to yourself. There's no reason to tell them. 

1. Take a selfie when you get your shot
  2. Send the picture to your mom
  3. Live on the street

It's quite difficult since most at their age are too attached to their ideas. I think it would be better if you talk in private and seriously with her, telling her that it's your choice and in the case some of the family got sick you would offer yourself to take care of them or smt related. Imagine how she sees you in her Imaginary, changed her vision, and projects your choice as something that comes of a grown adult.

Get the shot and tell the the truth if they must know. You have a whole fuck ton more to worry about with them than just this vaccine. Might as well start breaking them off some truth.

They would sooner or pater find out as I am living with them and if I have side effects like fever or stuff like that they would notice. Also I will go on vacation in august with them in another country and here in europe there are discussions for vaccine passports to be implemented for tourists to travel to southern countries like greece, italy, spain etc. And at that point I'll be the only one being registered to have taken the vaccine from the whole family. So yeah I guess I just have to tell her and that will be it.....?

Even though I would offer myself to help if one of them would get sick they basically live in denial as my mom says that with the law of attraction she will attract health and will never get sick so therefore the virus dors not exist.  It's like I'm talking to a wall.

I had covid in november and my mom told me that I got it because I believe in the virus and I attracted it to me. How can you explain why you want to get the vaccine?