StarStruck

Tracking 10k hour rule

5 posts in this topic

I was tracking my hours spend on my LP in onenote with some kind of excel sheet. It doesn't work out. How do you guys do it?

I'm willing to spend 10k hours in a span of 15 years.  What I did was divide 10k through 15 years and then divide it through 12 months and track it on a monthly basis to see if I'm on track. 

My question is specifically about what kind of format you are using like excel or something else. 

In Tate we trust

Don't track it and don't take it too literally.

Just invest time in your domain of mastery.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Save the record taking and reviewing for deliberate practice. The 10,000 hour rule of mastery is more general to the field, and should be used as both a way to amp yourself up, and a sobering reminder of the long journey ahead.

I am also trapped in this tracking thing. Not the best way to go but i can't stop it. It usually is counter productive in my case. I have a board that i write the total hours and the hours spent each week. I also have a piece of paper writing the exact minutes to add up at the end of the week. 

I did this, practicing 3 hours a day for its own sake thinking "If I practice 3 hours a day no matter what, nothing can stop me". I got mad chops but I still realize how inefficient I was.

To me I learn quicker when indulging in a genuinely inspiring project - with a clear, motivating end vision. Tracking hours gets toxic and can't compete with genuine inspiration and holistic pursuit.