Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StudentOfLeove

I made a song on Youtube :D

22 posts in this topic

Yo guys,

I made a song in german and put it on youtube. I know selfpromotion is not allowed here but I still see people posting their youtube videos here. I really would like to show you. I mixed and mastered it by my self and edited the video by my self too. I dont want to get any warning points, so I want to ask first if I can show it here anyways for some reason (with the english translation).

Its a rapsong:

Quote at the beginning:

If everything around you seems dark, look again: you may be the light. -Rumi  

Jaguaralen - Sunlight (English translation) :

In the darkness you shine so bright,
you don't know it but you are a hero,
fly away, leave this world,
seek for God and find yourself.

Raise yourself to the light of life and don't talk when your soul speaks, 
cause' the ego looks out of a prison,
thinks it is free and alive,
but it doesn't recognize: thoughts are transient, 
only the unmanifested remains infinite.
you shine through the cloud layer,
because you are the sunlight.

View into the distance, in the direction of the stars,
one last time from the top of the mountain 
and internalize what the voice speaks...
Do you see the skylight in the darkness?
Do you feel the air in your lungs, do you see how the stars sparkle no matter how dark... ?

Edited by StudentOfLeove

This is dope! Nice vocal production and you have very good presence! Subbed! ?? Shame I dont understand German but its a dope language so its okay. :D I love that youre slightly off beat, makes it sound a bit sluggish which fits the mood.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Still a little raw/unrefined for my taste, but I can definitely see a lot of potential. Keep going you're headed into the right direction! ???

The lyrics are dope, just keep working on your delivery.

Viel Glück!

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

5 hours ago, StudentOfLeove said:

Its a rapsong:

Quote at the beginning:

If everything around you seems dark, look again: you may be the light. -Rumi  

Jaguaralen - Sunlight (English translation) :

Raise yourself to the light of life and don't talk when your soul speaks, 
cause' the ego looks out of a prison,
thinks it is free and alive,
but it doesn't recognize: thoughts are transient, 
only the unmanifested remains infinite.

View into the distance, in the direction of the stars,
one last time from the top of the mountain 
and internalize what the voice speaks...
Do you see the skylight in the darkness?
Do you feel the air in your lungs, do you see how the stars sparkle no matter how dark... ?

The voice is good, but in overall it sounds to much like Kollegah. Also like the feeling behind it reminds on certain Kollegah tracks.

Don't know what your goals are, but you need something fresh and sophisticated as well as relations and marketing to make money with that.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

However, I am not better lol x D It somehow reminds me on a thing I have uploaded years ago: https://youtu.be/dL2p5ZSgySY

Also wanted to pull it through but I thought I am too old and so on and university became more important. Hope you will follow your LP!

Left means not right

1 hour ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

The voice is good, but in overall it sounds to much like Kollegah. Also like the feeling behind it reminds on certain Kollegah tracks.

Don't know what your goals are, but you need something fresh and sophisticated as well as relations and marketing to make money with that.

Imo, everybody starts out by ripping off (I havent heard Kollegah btw) and eventually get tired of it and find their own sound. To me it is not a big deal, I like the song.

1 hour ago, StudentOfLeove said:

Thank you for being honest, its maybe because I listened to him since I was 14, lol and I cant see your YouTube video cause its private.

Now you can view it. It is funny, because I think there is also a Kollegah-Influence.

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Imo, everybody starts out by ripping off (I havent heard Kollegah btw) and eventually get tired of it and find their own sound. To me it is not a big deal, I like the song.

Haftbefehl e.g. said he studied hundreds of tapes and multiple styles. If the combination makes the sound unique it is ok imo.

Left means not right

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Haftbefehl e.g. said he studied hundreds of tapes and multiple styles. If the combination makes the sound unique it is ok imo

I agree, but if this is his first release he should/can release atleast 10 songs until he finds a sort of unique style. It has taken me atleast 3 years to figure out what I like and Im not still really there, although I know what my personal sound or vibe is. I have studied all my favourite artists deeply for about a year though, so I agree, active studying will get you there faster.

14 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I agree, but if this is his first release he should/can release atleast 10 songs until he finds a sort of unique style. It has taken me atleast 3 years to figure out what I like and Im not still really there, although I know what my personal sound or vibe is. I have studied all my favourite artists deeply for about a year though, so I agree, active studying will get you there faster.

If this is the first song he ever made this would be astonishing. Often times, this is not the case and people are not aware that they take over another style.

Left means not right

1 hour ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Now you can view it. It is funny, because I think there is also a Kollegah-Influence.

Oh yeah, I like the ryhmes. Similar to Kollegah - NWO. Good work.

@IAmReallyImportant @Rilles

It is my first song that I did by myself. Before that I did covers and stuff like that.

My goal is to create my own beats/ music combined with my own film directing combined with my own deep lyrics. All of that should arise from the source of existence with the purpose of waking people up to their true self, an awakening of love.  I already created some beats, I have awesome ideas for the filmaking in my musicvideos and the lyrics are better than 90% of german songs which is not very difficult to achieve now a daysxD.

But still I have to learn a lot (about Musictheory,-production, Filmmaking, Buissnis, Marketing,...) to make it perfect and professional and to make a living out of it. This is just the beginning of a journey.

1 hour ago, StudentOfLeove said:

Oh yeah, I like the ryhmes. Similar to Kollegah - NWO. Good work.

@IAmReallyImportant @Rilles

It is my first song that I did by myself. Before that I did covers and stuff like that.

My goal is to create my own beats/ music combined with my own film directing combined with my own deep lyrics. All of that should arise from the source of existence with the purpose of waking people up to their true self, an awakening of love.  I already created some beats, I have awesome ideas for the filmaking in my musicvideos and the lyrics are better than 90% of german songs which is not very difficult to achieve now a daysxD.

But still I have to learn a lot (about Musictheory,-production, Filmmaking, Buissnis, Marketing,...) to make it perfect and professional and to make a living out of it. This is just the beginning of a journey.

Sounds like an Allrounder. Is cool but many people say it destroys focus. 

Kick ass in this mf. Destroy this conciouss rap haters lol

Found texts always the easiest part. This one took about 10 min. for example.

Lastly I learned to sing good in only one month with 1-2h training a day. I think if the environment and health is good and you have the tools this also makes a huge difference. Try the 30 days singer course it's about 8 euro a month and totally worth it. Maybe this could give a boost.

Not sure if you are aware of it but this one is the best middle priced Mic

It was used by Michael Jackson and other stars and I think Joe Rogan e.g. uses this for his podcasts. 

Left means not right

As being successful with conscious rap is really hard I would think about alternative paths like creating multi million dollar businesses which do support your rap business.

The audience is also very small and the Dach area has only around 100 mil inhabitants from which you can maybe take less than 0.1 percent for real fans. So I think using other languages like Spain or English would be beneficial.

In addition the German rap scene is built into syndicates like most bigger businesses. So I think it would be good to get successful with more mainstream first and then slowly change it. 

Left means not right

25 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Sounds like an Allrounder. Is cool but many people say it destroys focus. 

Kick ass in this mf. Destroy this conciouss rap haters lol

Found texts always the easiest part. This one took about 10 min. for example.

Lastly I learned to sing good in only one month with 1-2h training a day. I think if the environment and health is good and you have the tools this also makes a huge difference. Try the 30 days singer course it's about 8 euro a month and totally worth it. Maybe this could give a boost.

Not sure if you are aware of it but this one is the best middle priced Mic

It was used by Michael Jackson and other stars and I think Joe Rogan e.g. uses this for his podcasts. 

xDWhere can I find this singer course, this sounds awesome. Oh yeah I know about this mic, right now I have one for 50 euros, its not the best lol.

10 minutes ago, StudentOfLeove said:

xDWhere can I find this singer course, this sounds awesome. Oh yeah I know about this mic, right now I have one for 50 euros, its not the best lol.

My first was one was  5 euro as I was 12 years old for rba battles : D sounds familiar. It looked like this mics they have on grocery stores but the cheap version. Switched this rap thing on and off. 

https://www.30daysinger.com/

Left means not right

5 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

My first was one was  5 euro as I was 12 years old for rba battles : D sounds familiar. It looked like this mics they have on grocery stores but the cheap version. Switched this rap thing on and off. 

https://www.30daysinger.com/

hahahah nice and thank you very much!