Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Florian

Headache after Kriya Yoga

7 posts in this topic

I recently started doing Kriya Yoga and sometimes I get a little bit of a headache while doing it or afterwards.

Is this good/bad?

I'm a newbie and I only do very little, like 3-10mins a day.

21 minutes ago, Florian said:

I recently started doing Kriya Yoga and sometimes I get a little bit of a headache while doing it or afterwards.

Is this good/bad?

It's a very common thing, you can get a lot of pressure on the center of your forehead (third eye region) too, 

It's a good sign that you are doing  good with energy manipulation practises you do and it works.

The best thing you can do is to stop the practises when it becomes too much and intolerable for you and have a few days of break, then continue the practises when you feel ready.

Edited by m0hsen

3 hours ago, Florian said:

Is this good/bad?

To add to what m0shen said: be sure that your inhale and exhale are of the same length.

On 16/03/2021 at 10:16 PM, m0hsen said:

It's a very common thing, you can get a lot of pressure on the center of your forehead (third eye region) too, 

It's a good sign that you are doing  good with energy manipulation practises you do and it works.

The best thing you can do is to stop the practises when it becomes too much and intolerable for you and have a few days of break, then continue the practises when you feel ready.

So there is nothing one can do other than take a break?

In Tate we trust

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

So there is nothing one can do other than take a break?

You should get good at manipulating your energy with your mind, with enough practice you can direct your energy anywhere in your body or even instruct it do do something or feel something or in more advanced stages use it to change the state of your mind, I did this personally, and its just wonderful and amazing! There's also an amazing empowering feeling you get when you are working with your life force energy ( you feel like you are in charge of your life or you are the master of your mind)

It's good to start this by practicing making energy balls:

Edited by m0hsen

On 16.3.2021 at 9:56 PM, Florian said:

Is this good/bad?

Are you holding your breath for the exercises? If so, you might be overdoing it. Periods of breathlessness should never be forced.