actualizing25

Is gluten really that bad?

26 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2021 at 6:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

White long-grain rice seems to be one of the best grains, if you're looking for quick and cheap calories.

Rice is one of the worst grains because all rice is polluted with arsenic.

On 3/9/2021 at 4:20 PM, actualizing25 said:

Hey guys:D

So I'm currently in the process of cleaning up my diet. Im eating vegan for 2 and a half years now, and it's working quite well. I dont consume any artifical sweeteners (sometimes here and there, but I dont crave it), I rarely eat fast food and overall Im eating a quite healthy diet. Sure there is always something to improve. For example gluten. I still eat bread and pasta and I dont see that it is bad for my body. After I eat gluten, I feel pretty good, no brain fog, no stomach issues, nothing. I even ate a glutenfree diet for a few monthes, just to experiment a bit and I felt the same as before.

So do you think I should still cut it out of my diet, although I dont feel any benefits? Maybe it's a long term thing and I will see the benefits in a few years, I dont know.

Anyways, thanks for your help, it means a lot to me :D

It's so rare to be gluten intolerant, like one out of 10,000 or more.

Commercial breads are not a good choice, lots of sugars and fats. You might have to bake your own. According to how healthy your aiming for. Whole grain is best. I mean the whole grain not powered flower.

Pasta is very good for you or whole wheat pasta. It takes longer to digest unlike flower bread, so it doesn't spike blood sugar. And it has lots of vitamin Bs and other nutrients.

hi there

i have tried going off it and i actually see no difference. 

but thats just for me.

i am vegan so taking off gluten would be more hard for me, and also i chonically under eat calories so its helping me in that regard. 

if i was overweight that is probaly the first thing i would get rid of (of course after obvious junk) 

Edited by shahar uriel

On 4/7/2021 at 2:23 PM, freejoy said:

It's so rare to be gluten intolerant, like one out of 10,000 or more.

Commercial breads are not a good choice, lots of sugars and fats. You might have to bake your own. According to how healthy your aiming for. Whole grain is best. I mean the whole grain not powered flower.

Pasta is very good for you or whole wheat pasta. It takes longer to digest unlike flower bread, so it doesn't spike blood sugar. And it has lots of vitamin Bs and other nutrients.

Actually, 1 in 150 Americans has Celiac, according to to a study done by the University of Maryland.

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

Actually, 1 in 150 Americans has Celiac, according to to a study done by the University of Maryland.

Thanks for pointing that out for me.

Looks like I might have misunderstood "my doctor".

Below is one of Dr Greger's videos I got my information from, as I'm not a doctor : )