Hardik jain

Boredom

6 posts in this topic

Notice it, embrace it, practice it. Ask yourself why you're bored, write down your responses, keep digging. Research why you might be bored. A common source of boredom is the level of stimulation many people are used to because of tv, video games, that old story. 

Also Leo has some things to say about boredom in this video:

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

@Hardik jain You're bored either because you want to do something but can't or you're in a state of not knowing what you want to do.

Edited by Extreme Z7

when i was little my dad took me fishing and after a while i enjoyed it. 

It built up my patience so now i never get bored. :) if your bored maybe read a book.

Boredom comes from resistance which comes from unresolved negativity or trauma, just go meditate or get over the fear of what you want to do. Don't play the victim, it helps you 0. 

You're bored because basically you are not being mindful. You are lost in the future. You are thinking that there is some better moment somewhere else, doing something else instead of accepting what is in this moment. You may also need to connect with others. We can become bored when we need connection. 

Every single moment will never happen ever again. When we slow down and are truly mindful then we see what is happening right now. It cannot be boring.   

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.