Leo Nordin

Living a life without fear, is it what I should do regardless of situations?

14 posts in this topic

Hello, a few might recognize me from a couple earlier threads discussing the same things as I will with you all here.  

I had my awakening a little early but I am more grounded now and have more experience, im only 17 year old though. I would like to discuss action and fear. If one would live fearlessly but without clarity that would be a disaster. But clarity is only in relation to all that you have gathered and in what ways you might look at things. We will always have a limited understanding. With that said the body is made for health and survival so if my understanding is right living fearlessly you will still conserve yourself, at least until you are ready to say goodbye to this world. But what about all the other relations you have with the outside world. If you have no fear you might look at every situation, find some clarity in something and act instantly on that clarity, but that clarity does not always come in regard to the future or all the effects it will have. You might fulfill lifes desire every moment but what about all the problems that might cause when external life situations aren't prepared for that. You might not get to keep your job anymore, you might drop out of school(aka maybe me soon) etc... 

Is this what happened to Sadhguru after "Enlightenment". He quit his job, and continued to live on his intelligence and consciousness??  Assuming I am fully capable to do the same is it okay for me to live in the same manner which I crave so much without fear?? (absolutely do not factor in my age as in maturity or spiritual development thanks)

Then another question arises, it will fuck up all my previous plans for the future and might make situations quite interesting to say the least. But at least in your experience of life that won't be a problem living this way. So then I should live the desire of creation right? Or am I missing something. 

Also when I do things "with fear" for some clarity on what fear is, that is often activities based on ideas and not actuality and are therefore more difficult to keep. Such as if I study I will get a job which I will feel is fulfilling. 

Is also those activities in which the idea overites desires based on actualities, needs etc. Ideas which are in sync with desires based on actuality is not with fear because then there are no feelings of incompleteness. It's when creating desire from an idea which goes againt or make you unable to fulfil other desires which is the great problem of mankind. Consciously created desires is bullshit and I don't like this business no more. Desire should be shiva's creation not my mind's, creation should control the mind, the mind should not control creation isn't that right? So why should I keep creating desire with the mind = fear, ego... (in my other threads at the time of my awakening this is what I meant with asking if I should create ego again, nobody understands me though? still you probably don't? Right, right Nahm?) 

Edited by Leo Nordin

19 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

But clarity is only in relation to all that you have gathered and in what ways you might look at things. 

Hi,

It's actually the opposite.

Clarity comes from the dropping of all the conditioned concepts and ideas gathered such as fear=bad; fearlessness=good.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

fear is healthy insofar as it induces you to avoid danger. the problem is when you are certain that something needs to be done, and fear prevents you from doing it. for this is the courage. I think that if you really know without any doubt that you must do something (talk to a girl, surrender to martyrdom on the cross) in the end you go beyond fear and do it. And if you don't, you will be miserable and not free until you do. imo it is very important to do what one has to do

There is also another type of fear that is more widespread and harmful: the fear of not being accepted, of living up to expectations. This can completely mentally castrate someone, and indeed it does for most people, enslaved by their ego. But if you are awaken, I don't think you are talking about this fear

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Hi,

It's actually the opposite.

Clarity comes from the dropping of all the conditioned concepts and ideas gathered such as fear=bad; fearlessness=good.

Hi?

I didn't mean to have any conditioned concepts or ideas. I meant as in you cannot see things for what they truly are, you only see situations from the capabilities of being human and those different perspectives.

I am asking about dropping ideas to perceive clarity and act on that. And I question how much clarity really is present in this state, see a very violent person dropping conditioned concepts might have a clarity which is distorted. He might still hurt people because no one intruduced him to new perspectives. Its like if you were to let a toddler have their way they would mess up their surroundings in so many ways. Even though they would have no problems with it, the stained floors would. 

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

fear is healthy insofar as it induces you to avoid danger.

So fear is a desire that can overwrite other desires to protect oneself(so that you won't walk off a cliff for example). And because I like universal identity I shouldn't need to protect more or less than the whole world through my eyes or within myself. But it is just because of that that I feel as going through school etc is insignificant because you can't live in the future or the past which the "monkey mind?" might want. And in the present moment you have clarity into what you actually desire to do. 

idk your case, for me it is: I enter the school and something inside me says: no, out, death, error! Before I tried to repress that, for example if it happened to me with the perfect girlfriend, or some project, since there was always the doubt of: it will not be something bad in me, I have to endure. but whenever I have done it it has been a mistake and correcting it has been difficult. the inner voice is not wrong, in the no and the yes. the mind only complicates the matter

2 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

Hi?

I didn't mean to have any conditioned concepts or ideas. I meant as in you cannot see things for what they truly are, you only see situations from the capabilities of being human and those different perspectives.

I am asking about dropping ideas to perceive clarity and act on that. And I question how much clarity really is present in this state, see a very violent person dropping conditioned concepts might have a clarity which is distorted. He might still hurt people because no one intruduced him to new perspectives. Its like if you were to let a toddler have their way they would mess up their surroundings in so many ways. Even though they would have no problems with it, the stained floors would. 

Gotcha...Its not anyone's fault and you have no control over the conditioning, it just happens.

For example: a woman that was raised to always keep her face and body covered in public, may have a difficult time breaking out of that conditioning, even if she changed religions and moved to a different part of the world.

It is fair game after Awakening and there is nothing that's definite. 

When the identification as this illusory character in the body is recognized to be bogus and starts collapsing, a lot of the values, motivators, life goals, concepts and beliefs often collapse along with it.

A weird aspect of awakening is that there can still be this heavily conditioned character that ultimately recognizes its own unreality but continues to play out the apparent negative conditioned patterns... I call this "dabbling back in duality" and it's been called "The Divine Game of Lila"

Liberation is the end of the belief in behavior being right or wrong... Its complete freedom from all socially conditioned concepts like that, and it's not what is expected.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Interesting, this is not either what I really meant though lol. (I suck at having you guys on the same track as me?) 

Have you seen the monks who de condition themselves too much, they forget how to eat, speak properly and things like that. The way you function in this world is your conditioning, does that make sense or have I misunderstood something, I feel that it is more a manner of using/shaping your conditioning in a intelligent way, which is done by creation itself in liberation. 

Also I was actually earlier referring to the unconscious which you do not have much control over. 10000 people might look at two children fighting but how your intelligence will understand the situation in front of you will differ even without conditioning, one might only see one part of the whole picture another will see different things = your conditioning is that which makes you react with a situation in the way that you did(does this make sense? Maybe conditioning is the wrong word?). I guess how capable you are as a human being determines your ability to function well in this world. So let's say you were to live like Shiva, one who has over the years strengthened his perception and perceptive skills might see situations with much more clarity than another who comes into awakening then liberation/freedom who isn't as capable intellectually and therefore might make stupid decisions from anothers point of view.

Maybe this is why spiritual people always critisised each other, actually this just really opened my eyes to what I was looking for. Every man has their flaws and their strengths even though these words are just ideas in a sense you probably get what I mean. Your path is pretty sacred then. Things start to fall together. 

Everything above which bored you to death aside which doesn't have anything to do woth this - I could liberate myself right now, I have prepared myself for awhile. I just felt like discussing stuff maybe the last time here on the forum. Perhaps you remember me from a couple of months ago. I said to everyone I had awakened and I am not taking it back, I have spend these months actually understanding things and know how to liberate myself and I won't fall into the pitfalls (probably). 

It is still a little early and everyone would criticise me asking this question as in a direct indicator that I am stupid spiritually. But. I have just barely enough prepared externally for my liberation, @VeganAwakeShould I do it? It means I will be heavily involved in this world, and life will turn upside down, will be a great story to tell. Should I do it? I will drop out of school Do I do it? I will jump and I will not go back only foward. What do you say, two single words "Do It" is all the push I need and I wont regret anything the day after. Because I am prepared, do I do it? You are not allowed to answer anything else than Yes or No

@Leo Nordin 

13 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

VeganAwakeShould I do it? It means I will be heavily involved in this world, and life will turn upside down, will be a great story to tell

Where is the question? It's obvious that you already have decided. Leave is freedom and keep is conformist (in your opinion) 

so yes. do it and take the first step in being an adult, in taking charge of your life and deciding. For me, something like dropping out of school against expectations involves leaving home. When you are 30 or 40 you will feel proud of yourself for having made such a decision as soon as possible. continue as you are floating in a sea of doubts, is obviously a mistake. what you do will mark your life and it is always much better to sin out of boldness than out of cowardice

Living 100% fearlessly is an utopian and stupid idea. 

one day this will all be memories

7 hours ago, kag101 said:

Living 100% fearlessly is an utopian and stupid idea. 

That's not what I meant either, or in a sense it is because fear won't be fear anymore when there is not a sense of seperation between you and the fear. I just use these words to communicate easily because otherwise the text would get too long or everyone would probably not believe me as a 17year old having any underlying understanding on life at all. At least that happend before in multiple of my threads. Either people made assumptions about me as a 17y old because they couldn't criticise my text, or they were like Nahm and jumped at every single detail which didn't make spiritual sense.??? I rather have the later. 

Edited by Leo Nordin

On 06/03/2021 at 6:19 PM, Leo Nordin said:

Hello, a few might recognize me from a couple earlier threads discussing the same things as I will with you all here.  

I had my awakening a little early but I am more grounded now and have more experience, im only 17 year old though. I would like to discuss action and fear. If one would live fearlessly but without clarity that would be a disaster. But clarity is only in relation to all that you have gathered and in what ways you might look at things. We will always have a limited understanding. With that said the body is made for health and survival so if my understanding is right living fearlessly you will still conserve yourself, at least until you are ready to say goodbye to this world. But what about all the other relations you have with the outside world. If you have no fear you might look at every situation, find some clarity in something and act instantly on that clarity, but that clarity does not always come in regard to the future or all the effects it will have. You might fulfill lifes desire every moment but what about all the problems that might cause when external life situations aren't prepared for that. You might not get to keep your job anymore, you might drop out of school(aka maybe me soon) etc... 

Is this what happened to Sadhguru after "Enlightenment". He quit his job, and continued to live on his intelligence and consciousness??  Assuming I am fully capable to do the same is it okay for me to live in the same manner which I crave so much without fear?? (absolutely do not factor in my age as in maturity or spiritual development thanks)

Then another question arises, it will fuck up all my previous plans for the future and might make situations quite interesting to say the least. But at least in your experience of life that won't be a problem living this way. So then I should live the desire of creation right? Or am I missing something. 

This is exact reason why I am bit unsure how to communicate this properly, there are very serious risk from losing most of ego survival processes, 

it really does good job to keep people in check for most part, unfortunately it comes with some suffering, then again not sure if immature people being free from it is better thing. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

21 hours ago, PureRogueQ said:

there are very serious risk from losing most of ego survival processes, 

it really does good job to keep people in check for most part, unfortunately it comes with some suffering, then again not sure if immature people being free from it is better thing. 

Yes!

I think the goal should not to annihilate the ego, but to have a healthy one.

mother nature developed the ego in us for a reason...

one day this will all be memories