Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kray

Sadhguru

33 posts in this topic

it is completely obvious that he is a politician. has it helped people? of course. I am not saying that he is a bad politician. the best politician in the world if you want. Enlightened master? Could be , but i feel the smelt of the fake in every word

Edited by Breakingthewall

17 hours ago, Bojan V said:

@Tetcher @Tetcher Thank you for your reply, but i am still not convinced. I don't  believe him just like i didn't believe in Sai Baba ( to be honest decades ago i DID believe Sai Baba was an avatar, but i was young and stupid). I will not repeat the same mistake again.

The other thing is his view on gays. He was ok with the decision of the India's supreme court which decriminalized homosexuality, but after that he said don't PROMOTE homosexuality. This is the typical style of the homophobes and i reject that! I am gay and i don't "promote" homosexuality. I am just being me. In fact i still didn't came out to all people. So this is one of the reasons why i think he has an ego. The other reasons are his support of the right wing government in India and his claims about his paranormal abilities. 

I wasn't aware of Sadhguru's stance on homosexuality so I searched and found this video which is a longer exchange with someone defending your point of view : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PdcLsDZiM0

Frankly I have to agree with him 100%, I don't understand the urge to go on a campaign about this whole LGBTQ+ movement past the legalization. Can't people live their sexuality privately ?  The more pushy and aggressive the LGBTQ activists become the more I find it curious that people found the need to write the Sodom and Gomorrah story two millennia ago. Homosexuals can hang around and kiss in public, for all I care they can display the same level of affection for each others as many straight couples do outside, but what else do you want from me and why ?

Edited by Tetcher

1 hour ago, Tetcher said:

Frankly I have to agree with him 100%, I don't understand the urge to go on a campaign about this whole LGBTQ+ movement past the legalization. Can't people live their sexuality privately ? 

Well, it is quite obvious that in countries where homosexuality has traditionally been stigmatized, condemned and even imprisoned, it is necessary to give a voice to the homosexual community. not "promoting" homosexuality as the backward shadguru says. no one becomes homosexual for promotion. Shadguru can be calm, his subjects will continue to be just as virile despite the fact that homosexuality is visible

It seems that he does not understand that if homosexuality has been demonized for hundreds of years, it is not enough to eliminate the law that punishes it. He does not stop repeating: what do you care that others know what you do in your private life? you don't have to go showing off either. looks like my grandmother when one of my cousins claimed that he was gay! a supposedly wise guy does not understand that a significant percentage of the population has been harshly repressed, humiliated, blamed, condemned to lies and concealment, to shame and madness. is this guy an enlightened sage?  he talks like a right-wing gym bro in a tavern. very little human quality. I already know for sure: fake

look at the difference. leo: he is a spiritual master right? their job is to help you to awake. tells the truth. It is the truth.he has the serious willing to do not deviate from the truth, it's obvious. He doesn't care what you're going to think he cares about the truth. shadguru: he wants you to feel good, when he gives his opinion, he does it carefully, he does not want to offend anyone. He treat you as a kid, with condescension. He knows that in India the homosexual issue is delicate. it is perceived that he has advisers and that he takes an intermediate position. He is the leader and visible head of a huge organization that operates in the material world, has power, influence. drop stories of supernatural powers to be deified. He has a concrete, very defined plan in the material world. it is not truth. it's politics. another dimension.  Maybe I'm totally wrong but looks so obvious...

On 3/30/2021 at 10:27 PM, Bojan V said:

@Tetcher I don't want anything from you and the people like you.

That's great for the first half. I'm not sure what you mean by "people like me" though, it has a racist vibe and anyway you don't know me so I don't accept your remark.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:52 PM, Breakingthewall said:

On 3/30/2021 at 10:52 PM, Breakingthewall said:

It seems that he does not understand that if homosexuality has been demonized for hundreds of years, it is not enough to eliminate the law that punishes it. He does not stop repeating: what do you care that others know what you do in your private life? you don't have to go showing off either. looks like my grandmother when one of my cousins claimed that he was gay! a supposedly wise guy does not understand that a significant percentage of the population has been harshly repressed, humiliated, blamed, condemned to lies and concealment, to shame and madness. is this guy an enlightened sage?  he talks like a right-wing gym bro in a tavern. very little human quality. I already know for sure: fake

I'm trying to understand what he said wrong from your explanation and that of Bojan. Basically you are blaming him that he said not to promote homosexuality and not to be pushy about this matter.

Your point of view is that you want to do exactly that and the goal would be to remove repression in people about homosexuality so they can express homosexuality freely. The implicit understanding behind this is that people are innately homosexual and expressing this homosexuality is necessary for them to be fulfilled.

Sadhguru's point of view is that homosexuality can be induced (eg british soldiers that gave into homosexuality because the lack of women) and fulfillment is not reached with sexuality but with yoga. So what he's saying is that people who are innately homosexual need not to spread it among the population that can be induced into it. Also he's speaking to the indian population that wasn't prejudiced against homosexuality, that was brought by the british laws, maybe he would speak differently to a western audience.

Edited by Tetcher

@Tetcher When i said "people like you" i meant homophobes like you and like sadguru. I am not a racist.

You are not gay so you don't know about being gay first hand.

10 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Sadhguru's point of view is that homosexuality can be induced (eg british soldiers that gave into homosexuality because the lack of women) and fulfillment is not reached with sexuality but with yoga.

shadguru is not addressing people interested in yoga or meditation, but rather expresses what it should be like for the general population. He is the messenger of common sense, and everyone listens to him because he is enlightened. It seems very good to me, but this is not a spiritual teacher, he is a politician with ideas of how society should be, who tries to influence the mundane. he is a confucius more than a lao tzu. but he says that he is an enlightened man as humanity has not known ... and I do not believe it. I listen to him and I don't listen to the truth, I listen to opportunism, intelligence, preparation, staging, oratory ... politics. on this specific issue of homosexuality, according to no publicity. but in bolliwood they don't stop making movies where they show heterosexual relationships. Shouldn't they also do them in which homosexual relationship is shown? or should they be private?

21 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Tetcher When i said "people like you" i meant homophobes like you and like sadguru. I am not a racist.

You are not gay so you don't know about being gay first hand.

Not advocating homosexuality is being homophobe to you ? Great thinking. I am not homophobe and again you don't know me or my experience of life so you have no business talking about what I know or can talk about.

34 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

shadguru is not addressing people interested in yoga or meditation, but rather expresses what it should be like for the general population. He is the messenger of common sense, and everyone listens to him because he is enlightened. It seems very good to me, but this is not a spiritual teacher, he is a politician with ideas of how society should be, who tries to influence the mundane. he is a confucius more than a lao tzu. but he says that he is an enlightened man as humanity has not known ... and I do not believe it. I listen to him and I don't listen to the truth, I listen to opportunism, intelligence, preparation, staging, oratory ... politics. on this specific issue of homosexuality, according to no publicity. but in bolliwood they don't stop making movies where they show heterosexual relationships. Shouldn't they also do them in which homosexual relationship is shown? or should they be private?

So promoting homosexuality and spreading it so it has the same level of exposition as heterosexuality is what matters to you ? Go ahead if you think that's what the world needs. Hollywood is quite advanced on that road already. Sadhguru gave you his stance, you disagree, you reject him and you push anyway in that direction,  he's not going to persecute you, it's your choice. 

And this by the way : "I listen to him and I don't listen to the truth, I listen to opportunism, intelligence, preparation, staging, oratory ... politics", makes not sense, you really think he has a political agenda other than what's best for humanity ? Can you say what agenda that could be ? He's going to die, we all are, did you ever listen to him ?

@Tetcher It is not about "advocating homosexuality" it is about living free as a gay man, which i never did.

This is my last comment to you on this thread.

All the best to you.

11 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Tetcher It is not about "advocating homosexuality" it is about living free as a gay man, which i never did.

This is my last comment to you on this thread.

All the best to you.

Thank you, all the best to you Bojan.

1 hour ago, Tetcher said:

you really think he has a political agenda other than what's best for humanity ?

The best for humanity is that politicians say that they want, spiritual master wants you to wake up. i have listened to shadguru many times and I always see that he treats you like a child. waking up is not for you, for you there are certain practices to live better. true awakening is for higher beings, like him, who remembers his reincarnations in which he had a guru, and that is why in this life he has awakened without a guru, and the superpowers..... do you believe it? It's your decision.