Jacobsrw

Just Do it - Some Motivation for Aspired Small Business Owners & The Career Focused

8 posts in this topic

I feel a thread of this kind would be immensely beneficial for starting a conversation around small business start up, art, creativity and those passionate about pursing a career.

The reason in making this post is to inspire young people to get out there and just begin creating something for god sake. 

There’s so much opportunity we are drowning in it.

I’m often bewildered when I see many people spending their spare time eating chips while incessantly watching Netflix or partying and drinking, when conversely, they could be studying or working on a life changing career project.

I do, however, get that this is the current state of human society, to be deeply immersed in the most time wasting distractions known to man.

As of right now I have been working on my own business projects for the last couple of years years and it has been nothing short of immense fulfilment beyond belief.

For instance, I’ve written and released a short book as can been seen below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RNZZDC

Also created the beginning of a journal line as can be seen below...

https://eunimity.com.au/products/the-mini-introspection-reflection-journal

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B16X5YF?ref=myi_title_dp

I am also artist whom makes hand made art and occasionally sells them..

https://eunimity.com.au/pages/artwork-by-jacob-ryan

Additionally, I’m also working on numerous other side projects such a titanium tool brand and a few game apps.

In the future, I plan on starting my own art therapy practice, creating a self cleaning drink bottle, writing more books, developing numerous products in different industries and holding mobile workshops around art and psychology. As well as advanced study to bolster my degree completed last year.

I’ve learnt a ridiculous plethora of insight on marketing, branding, and creative refinement during this time.

I’ve had some large pitfalls early in the early stages of business but things are now smoothing out.

So this is my leading example to inspire others to begin doing something engaging with their life.

Get out there and do something. Create something powerful in the world. Begin a project, learn a skill, start a business, volunteer, travel, help the world. Become a master.

Boredom is a figment of the imagination and does not exist if passion courses throughout you. I encourage all to endlessly seek out theirs. Life is far more profound when doing so.

Would love to hear others stories on a similar journey or what your aspire for in the future ?

Edited by Jacobsrw

Excellent stuff bro. I think your advice can apply to people of all ages as well, Ive noticed a lot of people have a core belief that certain things are just not possible, i really believe if this can be challenged by the person and they just start something they will learn and progress so much. Me personally i do like business but would like to incorporate more things that im passionate about like psychology, coaching, sports and discover new things as well, the journey never ends. 

On 05/03/2021 at 11:20 PM, Consept said:

Excellent stuff bro. I think your advice can apply to people of all ages as well, Ive noticed a lot of people have a core belief that certain things are just not possible, i really believe if this can be challenged by the person and they just start something they will learn and progress so much. Me personally i do like business but would like to incorporate more things that im passionate about like psychology, coaching, sports and discover new things as well, the journey never ends. 

For sure! People can apply their learning to anything, even things as simple as living skills. It’s such a lost cause when we overlook the immense opportunities we have afforded to us by technology.

Ps. I forgot to mention some weeks ago I explored your podcast and listened to a few episodes. I found it great and insightful to listen to. Keep up the good work! You seem very genuine in what you speak, something which is extremely needed in the business sector :)

On 06/03/2021 at 10:25 PM, Jacobsrw said:

For sure! People can apply their learning to anything, even things as simple as living skills. It’s such a lost cause when we overlook the immense opportunities we have afforded to us by technology.

Ps. I forgot to mention some weeks ago I explored your podcast and listened to a few episodes. I found it great and insightful to listen to. Keep up the good work! You seem very genuine in what you speak, something which is extremely needed in the business sector :)

Thank you bro that means a lot to me and yes its something i noticed in the business sector and in some way tried to address. There are a lot of people who make money just from becoming a personality and selling courses rather than actual business, which is a massive problem as it basically takes advantage of people just trying to better themselves. But anyway ive got some new podcasts recorded so ill get them up soon, keep doing your thing bro B|

8 hours ago, Consept said:

Thank you bro that means a lot to me and yes its something i noticed in the business sector and in some way tried to address. There are a lot of people who make money just from becoming a personality and selling courses rather than actual business, which is a massive problem as it basically takes advantage of people just trying to better themselves. But anyway ive got some new podcasts recorded so ill get them up soon, keep doing your thing bro B|

Yeah couldn’t agree more! A lot f misleading methods out there really. I noticed you said you don’t do private label which is interesting. I’m doing private label for both Amazon and Shopify and resonated with what you had said. It’s much harder to start up but can become a huge pay off once you get going ?

On 3/10/2021 at 3:12 AM, Consept said:

There are a lot of people who make money just from becoming a personality and selling courses rather than actual business, which is a massive problem as it basically takes advantage of people just trying to better themselves.

@Consept Do you have a podcast episode on this topic? Would be interested in it. 

A lot of people don't have a long time-horizon, so they end up selling out. 

3 hours ago, Vision said:

@Consept Do you have a podcast episode on this topic? Would be interested in it. 

A lot of people don't have a long time-horizon, so they end up selling out. 

Not at the moment but it's definitely an interesting topic and one I'll probably go in depth on, I'm looking to do some videos on a few different subjects so I'll keep you posted on it. 

Edit: actually I do have one talking about whether paying for an online course is a good idea, but tbh I want to update a lot of the content so I may have a different take on it now but have a listen anyway -
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/VckhK

Edited by Consept