Stoica Doru

Meditation And Relationships

5 posts in this topic

I've been meditation for two months now and it seems that I'm getting more and more calmer and open-minded. However, when I go talk about my insights with my friends, they seem to be looking at me like I'm going crazy, even though I'm more councious and not arogant at all. It seems like my introspections rather scares them. 

I would like to know if this is a experience that occurs for you and if so, what do you tell to yourself after these judgments. Do you just stop telling others about your revelations or what? 

Edited by Stoica Doru
Grammar

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

What sort of insights are you sharing with them?

As soon as you talk about consciousness or a deep level of philosophy, people automatically tune out. Don't hold it against them, they're merely conditioned by their society and culture to behave a certain way. If they desire to try and get a deeper grasp on this type of thing, they'll do so only when they're ready. Otherwise, they're non-"defective" humans produced by the metaphorical factory responsible for modern society and its illusions.

Edited by Frogfucius

I know a total of 3 people in real life who I can talk to about this sort of thing , one of which is my wife. I don't think what you've experienced is out if the ordinary. Meditation, consciousness work , self improvement , etc are not popular in our culture. . . yet. But we can help make them popular by sharing information with the right people in the right ways, and thereby cause a paradigm shift over a few decades or generations . Maybe I'm overly optimistic lol

I would recommend focusing on meeting and befriending like minded people who are interested in spirituality, God, consciousness. See then if you still feel like hanging out with your old friends.