BlackMaze

How can i recover faster after workouts?

50 posts in this topic

Creatine is well-known to aid in muscle recovery. Or at least it helps in reducing muscle soreness so you won't feel much pain.

I have taken them before and you can run say 3km every day for 5 consecutive days without feeling much soreness. I have not gone beyond 5 days on creatine so I can't say anything else after 5 days.

Check the article for more supplements.

http://blog.thewodlife.com.au/the-top-4-supplements-for-recovery/

ya know meat has the highest concentration of creatine... lol 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 2/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, ilja said:

horeshite. Better recovery is on a plant based diet, i have a lot of experice and done both. Dont listen to these kids. Protein is easy to get.

There's a reason you see so few vegan elite athletes. Athleticism and recovery don't necessarily correlate with health. A plant-based diet may be healthier than an omnivore diet (I personally tend to disagree, but that's another topic), but it certainly isn't optimal for recovery, and anyone saying otherwise is not a serious athlete, isn't opening their eyes, just doesn't have much experience with training, or is a genetic freak. Again, you may have the upper hand on health matters, but for athleticism and muscle hypertrophy, a plant-based diet is truly a suboptimal and limiting way to go about it unless athleticism and recovery aren't high up on your list of priorities.

@The0Self it can be optimal for recovery. and i would say it can be the best. i thought the reason for few plant based athletes (which i dont agree with btw, i think there are a lot of plant based athletes despite vegans are still being a big minority) were culture and mind sets and that vegans are still a minority, but ok. if that makes them genetics freaks then there are a lot, including me :)

Edited by ilja

@ilja A fully vegan diet will prevent 99.9% of athletes from making it to an elite level. It is a hindrance to recovery. This is partially because a plant-based diet results in much lower systemic IGF-1, which is very good for avoiding cancer, but very bad for athleticism. The entire reason for why anabolic steroids work (which by the way, every single elite athlete takes, especially in the Olympics -- there may be a handful exceptions worldwide, but certainly not in sports with a strong strength component...) -- they agonize the androgen receptor in the muscle cell nuclei, which locally releases IGF-1, which causes the adjacent muscle fibers to repair and grow much faster than usual via a chemical cascade involving increased protein synthesis of actin and myosin.

If elite athletes manage to succeed on a vegan diet, it's despite the vegan diet, and only with the help of anabolic steroids.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self be careful with those numbers and reasons why someone would be prohibited from entering, its not that simple.  if its growing too fast then its not recovering properly, makes it error prone, which can result in weaker development. it would be best to rely on the bodies natural mechanism.

@ilja Elite sports is decidedly unnatural. You'd be surprised how much drugs they take. Shocked even. Some of them are basically walking chemical containers.

@The0Self you can be plant based on drugs and be competetive. the problem i see with most strength athletes is their attitude towards plant based nutrition, and the drugs def. dont make it easier for them to realize. i have empathed with some of them.

Recover from workouts by gradually doing more and over time you'll not feel it as much. ?

I will add that eating healthier also helps revitalize your body. 

I started out doing workouts every other day, then gradually adding more until it became a daily routine. My rest days are the weekend, but it used to be 3 days then rest day, not as in sleeping but as in not doing anything workout related if I could help it.