andyurb

I CAN'T FEEL THE MUSIC

7 posts in this topic

Hello friends!

I have been a musician for years and a music lover for as long as I can remember myself. Lately, for a month or two, I am unable to connect with music despite having been listening to different things and going back to listening to the music that I listened to years ago. Can anyone advise me what I could do? This really affects me and makes me feel really bad. Music is my life. 

@andyurb

Experience and enjoyment are a continuum. Nothing is permanent. Everything is fluid and ever changing. As things fall, others will rise, as things heaten, others will cool. 

Recognise it's okay to feel like this, because it is. Accept it with compassion if you can? 

See to whatever is in your heart at the moment, is there something troubling you in life currently? Changes? 

Everything will fall into place for you, your enjoyment will return. Nothing can or will take your love of music away, but for now, take some time for you and let the experience/feelings flow for you without attachment or judgement. ❤️

@andyurb

Music is a literal vibrational expression of our being, and as creators our music is all about emotional expression, which means me must learn to master emotional release. I have experienced what you’ve described, and this has ‘unclogged’ the ‘blockage’ every single time. Even better, upon unclogging, the flow just flows at a new height, renewed, like never before. 

Also, look for opportunities with cleaning diet, and if you haven’t, try earbuds and cardio. Pure magic. 

If you still have a ‘blockage’ and aren’t feeling the creative flow, consider reading some of these. There might be some past relationship residue in the pipes, which can flow out expressively in shades of forgiveness, and understanding, magically becoming beauty and creativity. 

You might also give poetry a try. It’s phenomenal for getting the rhythm going, turning pain into beauty, and ‘getting out of our heads’. 

Also, hopefully you’ve never tried this because you’d be in for a treat... youtube sound bowls therapy, put the biggest speakers you have on both sides of you, and just crank it and sit & relax. It tends to align, heal, release, and all around ‘wake up’ & harmonize the frequencies of the body. 

If all else fails, or just to renew, get out of your normal routines & environment for a few days. Nature is best. Take a trip somewhere. 

One more suggestion... talk to somebody new. Anybody, just someone you don’t know. It’s a way of rediscovering yourself. Doesn’t sound like much, nor music related, but it is and it’s subtle though powerful. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Charlotte Thanks for your words. That I will do, I will meditate and I will look for if there is something inside me that blocks my energy ^_^

@Nahm

People like you bless this world with light. Thank you very much for your advice, today I am going to sleep feeling better and wanting to try all the tools you have given me. c:

Hi! I have been obsessed with music for all my life (been working as a music arranger for a couple of years), and I too have experienced what you are describing here a couple of years ago... let me tell you, it seemed very puzzling and even frightening at the time; the memory of being able to fully immerse myself in music seemed so distant and unreal in that moment that I found myself wondering "Holy shit... have I ever really been able to enjoy music, or did I just pretend as if I did?!"

But as others have already said: This is nothing but a transitory phase that will eventually pass. Just view it as a kind of 'wake up call' which is meant to make you aware of the true authentic core of your being, to make you revaluate your priorities and give you a new outlook on what is really important in life.

I wish you all the best, my friend. And remember, the light is always there, even in those moments when we cannot see it... peace! ;)

Why so serious?

On 14/02/2021 at 10:03 PM, andyurb said:

Hello friends!

I have been a musician for years and a music lover for as long as I can remember myself. Lately, for a month or two, I am unable to connect with music despite having been listening to different things and going back to listening to the music that I listened to years ago. Can anyone advise me what I could do? This really affects me and makes me feel really bad. Music is my life. 

This happens to musicians, happened to me a few times, usually its because Ive created too much music or anazyled it too much, music is supposed to felt in the heart. Just gotta let it pass, your enjoyment will not go away, dont worry. 

Maybe step away from music for a while, I will sometimes take a month off to learn history or sociology or something, lets me exercise another part of my brain so to speak. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!