Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grappler

How to train and compete without a job?

6 posts in this topic

I am a guy who simply loves to train Brazilian jiu jitsu. I’m a competitor, and I’ve had a love for the game ever since I wrestled in high school and I NEVER want it to end. I made to life commitment that I will keep training and competing for the rest of my life. But, of course this requires money. And I hate jobs. I’m sure a lot of you feel the same way about regular jobs. I just want to simply train everyday without ever having to worry about money. How can someone do this without a job? Also known as slave labor. 

@Grappler

If those perspectives aren’t working for you, choose more aligned, better feeling to you, perspectives. Hate doesn’t create, and has no power, no actuality, and no source. Undo, unlearn, unfocus the pattern of belief & perspective that working makes you a ‘slave’. It actually is freedom. It is the creating of the life you want. You might think of this as ‘getting out of your own way’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Grappler said:

I just want to simply train everyday without ever having to worry about money. How can someone do this without a job? Also known as slave labor. 

It sucks but you might have to. This is the society you are a part of.

Unless you can find a way to live with essentially no money or can start getting endorsement deals / turn pro, that's gonna be tough.

Many pro-athletes have to work some sort of job to be able to afford to train at first.

Opening your own BJJ academy or working as an instructor at an existing academy seems like the best compromise. You get to be immersed in that environment and work on your skills all day and get paid for it. Of course a lot of your time is going to be doing the basics over and over with dumb newbies, but it's better than nothing. It will probably feel less like a job than anything else you could do.

Get fit and do general fitness personal training for normal (non-bjj) people. My jiu-jitsu professor runs his own school but makes more money doing personal training on the side which is how he funds the school - especially over the past year with the lockdowns. If this is truly your path, the more medals/belts you win over time the higher caliber clients you'll be able to attract as well since you can use your accomplishments for self advertising.