Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Voters Leaving The Republican Party En Masse

7 posts in this topic

In recent voter data, voters are leaving the Republican Party by the thousands to tens of thousands in each state, signaling that the fracturing and collapse of the Republican party could possible be in sight. The days of a 'close race' might be a thing of the past.

I call it the POPR party (pronounce it as pauper :P

POPR - party of personal responsibility. 

:D

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Well, I pray that more and more voters keep leaving the Republican Party, because the GOP absolutely needs to abolished as soon as possible. Though, I wonder if the US is really still a centre-right country or has it lately become a totally centre country.

Party loyalty is intense in America's polarized two-party system. I wouldn't assume voters leaving the republican party will vote Democrat. Most republicans have a strong distaste for Democrats. I predict most voters who leave the republican party will either identify as Independent or dis-engage from politics saying "Both parties suck". Yet if 15% of Republicans stopped voting, it would be much harder for them to win elections. Trump attracted millions of non-voters into the republican party, yet he may ultimately drive tens of millions away from the party. 

The Democratic party is also divided into neoliberals and progressives, yet they are united by fighting against Trumpism/MAGA/White Supremacy/Fascism/Authoritarianism. There is nothing uniting the fractured republican party. 

1 hour ago, Forestluv said:

Party loyalty is intense in America's polarized two-party system. I wouldn't assume voters leaving the republican party will vote Democrat. Most republicans have a strong distaste for Democrats. I predict most voters who leave the republican party will either identify as Independent or dis-engage from politics saying "Both parties suck". Yet if 15% of Republicans stopped voting, it would be much harder for them to win elections. Trump attracted millions of non-voters into the republican party, yet he may ultimately drive tens of millions away from the party. 

The Democratic party is also divided into neoliberals and progressives, yet they are united by fighting against Trumpism/MAGA/White Supremacy/Fascism/Authoritarianism. There is nothing uniting the fractured republican party. 

Yeah, that's all true. Well, hopefully this situation happening with Republican Party now keep going on for as long as possible.

Republican party had a hiccup with Nixon, but Ronald Reagan was really the start of the downfall of the party. Been getting worse and worse over time.

I don't mind conservatism, but I do really hate a party that manufactures anti-science, religious propaganda and fear mongering just to stay in power. The party needs to either adapt to modern times or continue to lose voters.

35 minutes ago, Frylock said:

Republican party had a hiccup with Nixon, but Ronald Reagan was really the start of the downfall of the party. Been getting worse and worse over time.

I don't mind conservatism, but I do really hate a party that manufactures anti-science, religious propaganda and fear mongering just to stay in power. The party needs to either adapt to modern times or continue to lose voters.

I totally agree. Reaganism is really what made the Republican Party the most evil it has ever been.