How to be wise

The illusion of race

5 posts in this topic

This woman does not have parents of different races. In fact, most of the people in her country share the same ethnicity. But what is it? Arab or African? Sudan is in the Arab league, but also considered part of Sub Saharan Africa. This country destroys the sharp distinctions that are drawn between two races, for example Arab and African.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There a countless examples of this. Are people from Siberia white?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You choose your own racial identity, it's not assigned to you by the authorities, except for extreme cases like apartheid South Africa. So the answer to both questions above is to ask the individual people themselves. I've stopped guessing anyone's race just from looking at them. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Africans and Arabs have been interbreeding for a long time. Arabs have a long reach historically, from Spain to India.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, datamonster said:

People often start talking to me in Arabic and Turkish, which sometimes leads to fun situations. This even happened to me in Turkey.

reminds me of when I was on holiday in Turkey and was mistaken for a local, because I have a slightly darker complexion than most other Brits there, and no tattoos!  :D

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)