Natasha

Best ways to save money

49 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, blackchair said:

dont spend it (im horrible person, i know).

I actually still think the best way to save $$ is to not spend it. And when you do, only on absolute necessities :)

I try to not cheap out on anything important, or things that would enhance me further. Every year or two I like to shop insurances, which usually saves me a few hundred a year, but eventually won't return as much. I like to buy all of my groceries in bulk as it is one of my larger expenses. I like going to places where it is much cheaper and no taxes to get a ton of stuff. This saves me a great amount and allows me to have a big range of healthy foods. I also use to to save time because I won't have to shop as much. 

I do a bit of online price checking on higher value items. I wait for eBay to have their ebay bucks promotions to order a bunch of books and larger purchases I want to make. This gives me back 5-10% of my money. I just stack up stuff in my cart that I don't need, but want and just wait. I of course will order it if I need it right away, but books I have more than I can read before the next promotion always. You can use google to look for the item too and find better deals. You might find things 25% cheaper or more on another site with a quick search and save a lot. I try not to spend a huge amount of time looking though. 

Buy second hand stuff a lot. I buy a large majority of my stuff second hand. I usually buy anything for myself at a good enough price where I could resell it and make a profit. It depends on how soon I need it though. 

I would find out where most of your money goes and see how you can change the spending there. 

I can live on a pretty low amount of money per month. My groceries is pretty excessive at like $400 or so a month though for me.

I enjoy some nice things every now and then, but mostly I don't need much stuff as I use to.  

On 1/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, mmKay said:

@Natasha You don't live in your car. You are a digital nomad with an office on wheels ? if you are interested in the movement, check out vanlife on Youtube. 

Holycrap, nice stuff

@Average Investor Yes, I would also spend extra on quality stuff. I eat mostly organic and enjoy a massage on a regular basis. So I have my treats. I'm currently shopping around to save on car insurance. Thanks for sharing your tips, great points and suggestions.

18 hours ago, Willie said:

Do you grow any of your own fruits or vegetables?

Not currently, but would totally love to do it when get an opportunity.

Growing own fruits and vegetables sounds OP, if my various other 'duties' didn't get in the way!