Raphael

The White Slums of South Africa

4 posts in this topic

I found a documentary about an atypical situation. In South Africa, there's a class of people who consist of poor white people. They live in similar situations that we often see with black people in many places of the world. They lack many things: hygiene, opportunities, etc. In South Africa, black people have now more opportunities and are better seen than white people. A black person has more chances of getting a job than a white person for example.

It's like the same thing as in the US, but inverted.

If you are white, how does it feel? If you are black, how does it feel? If you have another background, how does it feel?

This documentary felt weird for me.

Government assistance can improve their situation. 

I feel for the boy. Wish I could hug him. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Striving for more  The people chose the party that was for identity politics not the more capitalist thinking party. Then healing will not take place and nasty things keep on happening. I wish we would learn from south afrika.. As an example how not to do it. It shouldnt be about your skin color, its about the results you make, the things you say etc. If you keep on talking about skin color and old hurts, healing will not take place.