StateOfMind

What are your insights about Reincarnation?

60 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

Absolute formlessness and non duality probably.

Although maybe you imagine a universe again if you get bored. Depends on you

that sounds like solipsism, after my physical body die YOU would still live.

6 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

i like that, but what happens when the "physical body" dies (or the idea that you have one)?

“Physical body” is a thought itself, as “birth” and “death “. Now is before “birth”. “Your so called life” is just a thought process. Now is not knowing, as same as after “death” or before “birth”. When not knowing takes places, “you” get the answer. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Who knows. I don't think the ego can comprehend it. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Just now, StateOfMind said:

Ok. so how does reincarnation works?

Just a thought. There is no such a thing as reincarnation, life nor death. You are already what you are. Just thought process makes it cloudy. Let the clouds go with surrendering the thoughts, most importantly belief of “I”.

@James123 yea the closest thing to awareness really. I've tried this before. The observer thing is a closest thing to enlightenment one can get, apart from psychedelics (for me). Watching your emotions as they come can be quite astonishing. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

8 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

@James123 yea the closest thing to awareness really. I've tried this before. The observer thing is a closest thing to enlightenment one can get, apart from psychedelics (for me). Watching your emotions as they come can be quite astonishing. 

Definitely. After some time, if you keep observing, “you” realize that “observer” itself is a thought, as “reincarnation “. You are already what you are. ?. Just identification with so called thoughts makes you so called “separate “ (identification again with naming and labeling word of “separate” or “word”). 

4 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Reincarnation, like existence after death? Of course. Just realise you are eternal, the “Now covers that. Or look at your hands, realise who/what is looking (pure consciousness/God). It’s all about consciousness. One hand is God’s and another just your ordinary guy in the street.

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Definitely. After some time, if you keep observing, “you” realize that “observer” itself is a thought, as “reincarnation “. You are already what you are. ?. Just identification with so called thoughts makes you so called “separate “ (identification again with naming and labeling word of “separate” or “word”). 

so i'm i the ego or the collection of thoughts?

or when i identify with a curtain thoughts. that's ego? but what i'm i ?

so confused :(

@StateOfMind there ain't no one no where knows anything about anything. 

We're all full of shit. 

Good luck sir. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

6 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

so i'm i the ego or the collection of thoughts?

or when i identify with a curtain thoughts. that's ego? but what i'm i ?

so confused :(

Yes. Now, “you” are collection of thoughts. Which is identification, naming, labeling and putting meaning on thoughts and words, even saying words to “words”, thoughts to “thoughts “ as “reincarnation “. 

You need a direct realization of who you really are. Which is enlightenment or direct realization. Only when you not know, you are what you are. Thats why you don’t remember before so called birth, thats what “being” is. 

Edited by James123

11 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

@Someone here

it really bothers me all the time. sometimes i can't even sleep

Find a boyfriend. 

-Osho

I experienced death and being in the space where I could either come back to "this body", merge with everythingness or "reincarnate", imagine another lifetime, see myself from another perspective. Yet I knew when I'll go on, I'll forget "this" lifetime, because memory isn't quality of awareness, awareness just is. And awareness create this experience of "me", but it is everything, seen from certain perspective.
Don't you see the beauty of the fact that the Universe loved you so much that it decided to become "you" and experience how it is to be "you"?
It's divine perfection, it all is. But no words will ever describe it.

Reincarnation is just beliefs and stories.

What happens after death?  You will die and know so why the hurry? 

Anything you can't see..touch.. Smell.. .. Taste.. Right now is a fairy tale.

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Reincarnation is just beliefs and stories.

Be careful what are you so sure about. Remember you are talking from the limitation of your experience.

@wesyasz all you have is experience.  When you talk about something not found in your experience.. That's belief. 

-Osho

seems that nobody understands what we all take for granted: that there is no you. When you die you will not go anywhere, you are me, when you die I will still live, or my neighbor's dog, the eternal being exists eternally now. It is the structure that shapes that you that can have continuity, even preserve memories, knowing that those memories are only an empty pattern, ego, illusion. It is not that you are going to continue, you are in everything there is, it is that the ego is going to continue

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@wesyasz all you have is experience.  When you talk about something not found in your experience.. That's belief. 

You are right. But you write that reincarnation is just beliefs and stories. And that's right, to you, they are. But if you are blind and you have never experienced eyesight, it doesn't mean it's just beliefs and stories.

@Breakingthewall I assume that "you" that we refer to here is current perspective of awareness.

Edited by wesyasz

7 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

You are right. But you write that reincarnation is just beliefs and stories. And that's right, to you, they are. But if you are blind and you have never experienced eyesight, it doesn't mean it's just beliefs and stories.

Nice point. 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, wesyasz said:

Breakingthewall I assume that "you" that we refer to here is current perspective of awareness.

The only "you" that exist imo is the ego, the set of thoughts that creates the illusion of a center. There is an energetic pattern that comes from birth, a karma, you just have to observe 3-year-old children. This stable pattern is what I think the "you" is, which is said to be an illusion, and which creates the illusion of individual, separation, time, etc. If you break that pattern, what remains? being real, but not a "you". What I believe is that reincarnation, if it exists, can only be a continuity of the pattern that has ended. you will not know, because there is no you, you do not exist