Heaven

An anxious enlightened person

26 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

anxiety is the resistance to what is, and enlightenment the cessation of resistance to what is, so no. imo enlightenment is the total fusion with reality, the end of anxiety

And if the appearance of anxiety arises, that is what is. The anxiety is ISness. By your definition, enlightenment would be the fusion with that anxiety. That would be the end of the anxiety resisting the appearance of anxiety. Yet that anxiety to resist anxiety now becomes what is and enlightenment would fuse with that. And off we go into infinity. . . 

24 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

And if the appearance of anxiety arises, that is what is. The anxiety is ISness. By your definition, enlightenment would be the fusion with that anxiety. That would be the end of the anxiety resisting the appearance of anxiety. Yet that anxiety to resist anxiety now becomes what is and enlightenment would fuse with that. And off we go into infinity. . . 

So basically nothing changes, since anything would be Isness.

Yet Enlightement is supposed to be realizing who you are so why would anyone suffer anxiety if "it" knows that it´s not the body?

And anxiety it is possible because there is some"thing" (it) believing the anxiety.

I´m quite amazed that after lots of mystical experiences, anxiety still appears in much of the situations that used to appear before any spiritual exploration. The relationship with the anxiety is different, there is less resistance. Yet not enough non-resistance to actually make the anxiety seems as pure ISness as Happiness or Joy or...etc

@Forestluv Thanks for the beautiful answer?  
I get what you say. I believe there are levels of enlightenment so it’s not black and white

I suffer from tension headaches and I realized the pain comes from resistance in my mind to some aspects of life. I work on purification now and it yields some great results. 

The tension is created by a specific thought pattern that saying no to the moment. I can even be conscious to this when it happens.

2 minutes ago, Heaven said:

@Forestluv Thanks for the beautiful answer?  
I get what you say. I believe there are levels of enlightenment so it’s not black and white

I suffer from tension headaches and I realized the pain comes from resistance in my mind to some aspects of life. I work on purification now and it yields some great results. 

The tension is created by a specific thought pattern that saying no to the moment. I can even be conscious to this when it happens.

I can relate. I've been doing work lately to gain greater mind-body awareness. Resistance and letting go is a key factor. 

5 hours ago, Forestluv said:

everything is reality, it is true, also anxiety. but I think that here "anxiety" is a word we use to describe a dissonance between the frequency of our perceiving instrument and perception. Yes, perceiver and perception are the same, but for the perceiver a separation is perceived ,a difference in frequency, what it is and what should be, and this separation is the one that to a greater or lesser extent creates anxiety, or better, this separation is the anxiety. if the frequency between perceiver and perception is equalized, harmony appears, anxiety disappears

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

So basically nothing changes, since anything would be Isness.

In an absolute context of One Everything, Nothing changes since there is no-thing relative to another thing as a comparison for change. Yet in a relative context of space-time, there are lots of changes. 

Yet Enlightenment is supposed to be realizing who you are so why would anyone suffer anxiety if "it" knows that it´s not the body?

I don't see there being an external, objective thing called "Enlightenment". Perhaps there is, I don't know. 

And anxiety it is possible because there is some"thing" (it) believing the anxiety.

To me, that's asking if there needs to be an experiencer for anxiety to be possible. Well, last night I dreamed I witnessed a murder and woke up full of anxiety. The mind-body was clearly experiencing anxiety even though I was asleep. So, anxiety is possible subconsciously -  when I'm not consciously awake. Yet some may not count it as anxiety because "I" wasn't experiencing it - it was just body energetics. It was sensations or body distress, not anxiety. I don't get to hung up on terms, I'm more interested in the underlying essence the words point to.

If someone was under full anesthesia or in a coma, is anxiety possible? 

I´m quite amazed that after lots of mystical experiences, anxiety still appears in much of the situations that used to appear before any spiritual exploration. The relationship with the anxiety is different, there is less resistance. Yet not enough non-resistance to actually make the anxiety seems as pure ISness as Happiness or Joy or...etc

This gets into how we define "anxiety". There have been times I have been anxious and then realized this is some wild sensations going on in my body - that changed the relationship and I kind of like it in a way. For example, when I first started doing breathwork, I would get painful tetany in my hands. Then anxiety would arise. My mind-body felt/thought that I was hurting myself. Yet then I was told it's harmless and after a while I started getting used to it. Now I kind like it Some may say the anxiety left, yet the sensations persisted. 

I've also had experiences in which the mind-body went into panic mode, yet there was an observer in a peaceful space witnessing. Some may call this an out of body experience. Some may say it is a transpersonal, enlightened experience. 

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

but I think that here "anxiety" is a word we use to describe a dissonance between the frequency of our perceiving instrument and perception. Yes, perceiver and perception are the same, but for the perceiver a separation is perceived ,a difference in frequency, what it is and what should be, and this separation is the one that to a greater or lesser extent creates anxiety, or better, this separation is the anxiety. if the frequency between perceiver and perception is equalized, harmony appears, anxiety disappears

Those are some nice insights within that context. Thanks for sharing them. I hadn't thought about it like that before.