ryank940

blogging an over-saturated market?

5 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura if you’re able to answer this it would be greatly appreciated because it’s related to two answers you gave before.

In a 2017 thread you said blogging is extremely tricky to enter and a solid marketing plan is required

In a 2019 thread you said blogging is almost impossible to enter, even back when you started actualized blogging was dead to new entrants, and that the internet only needs so many personal development people.

I’ve started a personal development blog last month, and I can already see that any business pursuit will require so much creativity and originality. 

Question 1: Is it not likely a blogger would be successful if they developed unique and creative marketing and cresting a unique product, In the life purpose course I recall you saying no market is over saturated, there’s always a way to put a unique spin on things?

Question 2: Aren’t bloggers successfully entering the market all the time?

Question 3: If blogging is saturated then do you feel it would be necessary for me to create a new medium? As I love writing

Thank you in advance 

Ryan

Should a passionate doctor not become a doctor because there is a doctor around each corner?

You can blog of course. And now you can also drive traffic to your blog. 

There's no rules in Facebook or most other social medias that disallow you to drive traffic to your blog. So you can do that all you want. 

7 hours ago, ryank940 said:

Question 1: Is it not likely a blogger would be successful if they developed unique and creative marketing and cresting a unique product, In the life purpose course I recall you saying no market is over saturated, there’s always a way to put a unique spin on things?

Question 2: Aren’t bloggers successfully entering the market all the time?

Question 3: If blogging is saturated then do you feel it would be necessary for me to create a new medium? As I love writing

Answer 1:

Of course, creative and unique marketing is what sells anything, anywhere today. 

I follow this website called DIYGenius - it is unique, and gives me a lot of value - https://www.diygenius.com/. As you are new to blogging in the field of personal development, you could probably take a few insights from here. This is one, wholesome website. 

Remember - you do not need millions of followers; what you need is just a number of really committed individuals to help make you rich. How do you think Leo became rich? He just focused on providing value, of a specific kind, to a really committed number of people.

That's what you should focus on, too. See what that specific audience is that you can cater to -- and by giving them immense value, you will get immense returns. Concentrated, but profitable. 

Then, you can diversify, etc. 

Study this audience of yours from all corners. As Quincy Jones once said, study your art in a rigorous manner. Do not think only about fame or money, but about gaining expertise in your domain by intense study. Devote time to understanding your art, and also the behavior of your audience.

The returns will follow, thereafter. 

Answer 2: 

What product are you selling alongside it? Create a feeling of want in other people. Make them feel like they are missing out on something if they do not subscribe to you. Are there any training programs that you are planning to offer? 

Answer 3:

In this present day, the more mediums you have, the better. However, there should be this one central medium that you focus on largely, and then, try to be ubiquitous around all social media. 

A good example of art meets business:

Michael Jackson was a great singer / musician, but he was an even better businessman, in my opinion. 

All the best, Ryan. Wishing you the best on this journey. 

Edited by xxxx

don't worry about over saturation much. I heard someone saying that google algorithm is not a fixed thing for ever. They constantly change. So if you start executing today, you can become part of their test tomorrow or even today out of the pools of testing they do with their algorithm.