Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlackMaze

Link between intuition and free will?

18 posts in this topic

From my limited understanding intuition happens when someone is above thought. It shows the actions to take for the greater good? Or maybe there is egoic intuition that shows what actions to take to benefit yourself. 

If there is no free will does this mean that different degrees of intuition control all actions of everyone? 

Is there free will after enlightment? Free will doesn't exist because there is no you but what happens when you realize you are god and that you create everything? Do you have free will then? 

Hey. Free will is completely illusion 

There is no centerpiece. No self to be controlled or to control.  Stuff just flow. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here Fuck i just can't accept this fully. How does this knowledge help me as a human being? I guess it doesn't. 

Isn't god willing everything into existence? Or is god just the flowing of stuff? 

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

How does this knowledge help me as a human being? I guess it doesn't

Well that's the whole point.. You ain't a human. The human is running on auto poilt. You are not actually moving the body. It's moving itself! 

I guess it could help you as well.. When you realize the illusion of control you can let go of your neurotic attachments to things flowing your way. You become more detached. 

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

Isn't god willing everything into existence? Or is god just the flowing of stuff? 

Both. Since 'God' is just another word for everything. 

-Osho

The conceptual duality of free will is completely imaginary. You don't have free will, but you also don't lack it.

Another way of looking at it is to say that you have free will, but only when looking at it from a relative standpoint. Because in the relative realm we have imagined the concept of "choices". whether I put on shoes A vs shoes B today is a choice i can make freely. However in the absolute there exists nothing like "choice"

2 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

How does this knowledge help me as a human being?

It reminds me to be here, now. 

Take things less seriously and enjoy the ride.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

4 hours ago, North Sea said:

The conceptual duality of free will is completely imaginary. You don't have free will, but you also don't lack it.

Another way of looking at it is to say that you have free will, but only when looking at it from a relative standpoint. Because in the relative realm we have imagined the concept of "choices". whether I put on shoes A vs shoes B today is a choice i can make freely. However in the absolute there exists nothing like "choice"

Does this mean that i have the free will to sit down and meditate or improve my diet for example but at the same time i don't because there is no such thing as choice? 

Should i just observe the choices make themselves then? Is this what you all mean? If i completely let go as an ego let's say and don't brush my teeth for example i will still find myself brushing my teeth because i have no choice? What about goals, are they still predetermined? It is also pre-determined if someone gets enlightened or not? To set this as a goal is also predetermined? Is everything that happens predetermined? 

@BlackMaze dude.. You ain't getting it.. There is no "should" happen.. Whatever happens is what should happen. There is no ONE doing stuff.. Stuff just happen. No difference between a thought and a fart. Automatically. 

-Osho

@Someone here yeah i didn't mean it like that. I get what you say or at least i think so. The thing i'm interested in is how you personally deal with this knowledge in everyday life? What is your experience? Please don't answer there is no me and you i got that part. Are you constantly aware that there is no you and no others and stuff just flow? 

12 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

how you personally deal with this knowledge in everyday life?

You keep doing everything you should /need /want to be doing. Nothing really changes.

We are not taking the free will from you.. We are merely pointing out that you never had free will to begin with. 

12 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

Are you constantly aware that there is no you and no others and stuff just flow? 

Yes ofcourse. Not 'constantly'. But the more you contemplate these truths.. There is a shift in your consciousness and perspective.  And here are some of the benefits :

1. you stop judging others. You realize no one is really  responsible for who they are. And therefore you forgive others easily. 

2.you stop guilting yourself. You accept your choices because you realize they are inevitable. 

3.you accept the present moment. You live in more peace and harmony . Because you are conscious that every moment is perfectly inevitable that It couldn't be otherwise 

P.S. And sorry I'm not good at giving practical advice. I'm merely pointing out my understanding of free will if you are interested :)

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

It's simple. You as God has free will, not the character. Just like in a dream.

And just like in a dream, even if you become Lucid, you can't change what you are creating. Because again the wanting of changing anything would come from the character. God's will is already doing what it wants.

Just surrender and increase your Consciousness. There's no point in trying to control anything.

Edited by Javfly33

@Someone here thank you this was very helpful. Can i ask what caused the direct experience of this realization? No details needed for example through meditation or psychedelics or contemplation. 

@Javfly33 i really liked your analogy of the dream. I haven't thought about it exactly this way before. 

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Just surrender and increase your Consciousness. There's no point in trying to control anything.

This is exactly where i am stuck in my thinking. To increase my consciousness is to control something. I do believe and feel that i have a choice in the matter. I know how to increase my consciousness fast if i wanted to. But the problem is that if this is an illusion the consciousness will get increased only if it was meant to be increased. Maybe i don't really have a choice in the matter and even if i meditate or take psychedelics or whatever might never happen. Or it might just happen because it was meant to be. This is the part that confuses me. 

1 minute ago, BlackMaze said:

@Someone here thank you this was very helpful. Can i ask what caused the direct experience of this realization? No details needed for example through meditation or psychedelics or contemplation. 

@Javfly33 i really liked your analogy of the dream. I haven't thought about it exactly this way before. 

This is exactly where i am stuck in my thinking. To increase my consciousness is to control something. I do believe and feel that i have a choice in the matter. I know how to increase my consciousness fast if i wanted to. But the problem is that if this is an illusion the consciousness will get increased only if it was meant to be increased. Maybe i don't really have a choice in the matter and even if i meditate or take psychedelics or whatever might never happen. Or it might just happen because it was meant to be. This is the part that confuses me. 

You have a choice as Consciousness.

By focusing on thoughts or not, you can "motivate" certain psychological aspects of the ego or not.

For example, if your character is someone who is anxious, when thoughts of anxiety that over-exagerated arise, in someone who is not Enlightened, the normal thing that Consciousness will do is to feed those thoughts (simply by believing them).

In an Enlightened being, when thoughts arise, there is an intelligence going on that it wasn't that strong in a non Enlightened being, which is that Consciousness will not feed/belief those thoughts, since Consciousness is aware that those are just thoughts, not an I thinking them,  therefore, automátically the character/body will stop behaving so neurotically anxious and becoming more sane/healthy.

So what you need to do is basically raise your Consciousness. It's not that you have to control what the human does. The human might meditate one day, and other dont. The human might want to take a Psychedelic one day, and then go 1 year withouth doing them. This is NOT your problem. Again the human is none of your business.

What you need to do is being awake, now. That starts with being more aware, simply. When a thought arise, be aware. Start from here, and remember you are always safe, only thing that you need is to wake up, each second.

Live life like each second "you need to remember yourself."

There is only one thing to do, surrender and be aware. Each second. Make it like a "life purpose". Once you start to be more aware you will start to "change" behavior of the character. But again, saying *change" is kind of tricky because it might give you an idea that you will have to do Some kind of effort, which will send you again into the illusion that you are the mind or the thinking and you need to "sort things out".  Is more of that an intelligence will wake up, which it will be the only thing neccesarary to make things right. And again it will be effortless, not a struggle.

@Javfly33 thank you very much for your answer. 

I'm already aware of the things you talked about. Not directly aware of them in my present reality but i have the memory of them. I agree with everything you said. 

Let's say that everything you said was completely new to me. As a result i become aware and live like this. Still this was meant to happen. I wouldn't go there if you didn't write this post. From this perspective i didn't really had any choice it was predetermined. Or let's say i happened to suffer and came across a teaching and that sparked a change. This just happened. Maybe my question is closer to mental masturbation and this wasn't my purpose. I just want to understand better to avoid getting trapped. 

Is the surrendering and being aware each second free willed? Maybe i don't have any say in the matter. If it's meant to happen it will happen if not then not. The reason i'm asking is because this whole idea of no free will is very radical and very easy to understand wrong and become trapped. 

1 minute ago, BlackMaze said:

@Javfly33 thank you very much for your answer. 

I'm already aware of the things you talked about. Not directly aware of them in my present reality but i have the memory of them. I agree with everything you said. 

Let's say that everything you said was completely new to me. As a result i become aware and live like this. Still this was meant to happen. I wouldn't go there if you didn't write this post. From this perspective i didn't really had any choice it was predetermined. Or let's say i happened to suffer and came across a teaching and that sparked a change. This just happened. Maybe my question is closer to mental masturbation and this wasn't my purpose. I just want to understand better to avoid getting trapped. 

Is the surrendering and being aware each second free willed? Maybe i don't have any say in the matter. If it's meant to happen it will happen if not then not. The reason i'm asking is because this whole idea of no free will is very radical and very easy to understand wrong and become trapped. 

Yes, Definetely. I was for a long long time trapped in the free will thing. It's not fun to be there.

To answer your question, unfortunately, the ego does not have a free will or choice. So Awakening will happen whenever God wants. 

@Javfly33 in a strange way this started feeling liberating :)

As an ego it feels like i have unlimited free will. I can choose among countless actions to do. No matter what i choose it will be the right thing to do because it was meant to happen. This takes away the uncertainty and anxiety. We just need to trust that everything is as it should be. Then we can relax in the present moment accept everything and the right actions to do will be guided by intuition. The concept of no free will sounds very depressing at first. I guess what i was trying to find was the positive aspect of it. Thank you for answering my questions and helping me realize that. ? I never used this emoji before haha but it seems appropriate. 

@BlackMaze Just don’t worry about it. You clearly have free will in your experience so see that as a blessing. The more consciousness, the more free will because we are consciousness.