Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

10 years to live

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I have 10 years left to live and would like to ace my life purpose as quickly as possible so I can get on with helping society in some way.

Sorry to hear. So you can go and buy Leo's life purpose.

If you look at self-help book discussion session, there's a book called '1 year to live' so maybe you can read that. And you can definitely outlive 1 year.

What was your question exactly?

Edited by hyruga

Run them brightly, so you can show people what they need to value every day.

A life purpose and the skills needed to actualize it can take years to develop. 10,000 hour rule for mastery and all that. You may want to focus on something more short-term that won't require tons of education or training to master. If you want to help society, there are charities you can work with and ways of starting to give back today. 10 years isn't likely enough time to go the Elon Musk route and make some huge company or scientific advancement.

If you have big world-changing ambitions, the best you can do is to start planting seeds.... with the hope that when you're gone, someone else can take over your work and tend to it until it grows into a full-sized tree.

Don't forget to take some time to enjoy life for yourself too.

Edited by Yarco

Personally, if I had a year to live, I would meditate my pants off in a cave somewhere to mend my cord with existence. But 10 years to live is a serious motivation. Leo's course is a straightforward way to finding your life purpose - whatever it happens to be.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, JevinR said:

Hi, I have 10 years left to live and would like to ace my life purpose as quickly as possible so I can get on with helping society in some way.

Hey Jevin,

I would recommend travel - go out, meet different cultures, see the beauty of this world, converse with people, eat their cuisines - you can work at local NGOs here - you can choose any area you’re most passionate about. It is not as expensive as people make it out to be - plus, you can earn a really good amount, too. If you see that there are certain changes you wish to bring about, use your innovative methods to help them - you can be a lot of things here - entrepreneur, social worker, educator, and can fill so many roles at once. 

Give others the pleasure of your company - this is more valuable than any other tangible thing. Create beautiful memories, with them and for yourself. 

But most importantly, remember to be happy. Be that wanderer that you were always supposed to be. 

Document it, if you can. Believe me, it can be life changing - you never know how many lives you will have a positive impact on. 

Christopher McCandless has given me such hope by documenting his life, through his experience. He changed my life, and I am so grateful that Jon Krakauer published this book - this has been one of the most defining experiences of my life. 

Live your life in a true sense, experience this oneness and break these barriers of the other, and without you even knowing it, your life will inspire so many.

All my love and best wishes to you.

Take care, friend and fellow wanderer. 

Edited by xxxx

@xxxx  Chris McCandless went unprepared into the wild, blinded by ideology and naivete. He died because he ate the wrong berries, and his diary indicates loneliness and regret.

There's many people with a similar ideology who have succeeded in living a happy life off the grid and sustain themselves in the wild. Why are those not more inspiring to you than the college kid who failed?

Not trying to be disrespectful of your hero but I guess I can't hide it. The story (perhaps because of his death) is romantic to so many people. I can't understand it.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@JevinR  10 years is more than enough to complete a full phase of life purpose. I think everyone should be living like they only have 10 years to live.

You still have 3-4 attempts at starting a business for example. There's really no rush. Rushing would be a mistake. But so would procrastinating.

Ever thought about doing a psychedelic trip that could help with grounding yourself in purpose, such as a huachuma or san pedro ceremony?

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

14 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Chris McCandless went unprepared into the wild, blinded by ideology and naivete. He died because he ate the wrong berries, and his diary indicates loneliness and regret.

Isn't there a lesson to learn here, too? He was naive and that is what draws me to the story: he explored things on his own terms and reached his own conclusion. Also, the berry thing could happen to anyone - that was a misfortune, and is not something that should be considered 'dumb'. 

Now, about him talking about 'loneliness' and 'regret' - yes, that's the entire point, right? He reached those conclusions and wanted to work on them, but fate had other plans for him. If he were lucky enough to make it out alive, he'd be one of those 'happy' stories you are talking about. 

16 minutes ago, flowboy said:

There's many people with a similar ideology who have succeeded in living a happy life off the grid and sustain themselves in the wild.

Why did you jump to the conclusion that I do not appreciate them? Chris McCandless is a famous story, and that is why I used it - and as I mentioned above, he'd be one of these happy, inspiring stories, if he'd make it out alive. I choose to give him that chance. 

I have not read many of these stories of people who are living off the grid and are sustaining themselves in the wild. Please share them so that I can appreciate it? 

18 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Not trying to be disrespectful of your hero but I guess I can't hide it. The story (perhaps because of his death) is romantic to so many people. I can't understand it.

Haha, not so much my hero, as much as someone I relate with. If given a chance, I'd like to live like McCandless, but with better direction and decisions - but anyway, who knows what fate has in store for me? 

I would rather seek enlightenment if I knew that my lifetime is on an estimate.

24 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

I would rather seek enlightenment if I knew that my lifetime is on an estimate.

You talk like if death was the end.

there's no need tu rush, we all will find enlightenment within the next 5 or 20 lifes

Damn, I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Kick it out of the park, make god proud!