Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Self-Mastery

What Does It Mean To Be Surrendering?

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been thinking about the concept of surrendering and it's connection with action over the last few weeks. I came up with two different perspectives as follows:

1. Let go and go with the flow, trust life, and fully experience what life brings. In this view point, the life/universe is what we surrender to. We listen to universe and our awareness from life tells us what we need to do.  Our job is listening what to do. THE SURRENDER EXPERIMENT by Michael Signer is a really good book that explains this concept. 

2. In the second viewpoint, you are not merely a force of life, but you yourself brings something to the world. You are playing a game with your higher being. Thus, you have to throw a ball to universe so the universe can throw a ball back. I found this video from Teal swan to explain this

What do you think about these two viewpoints ? And, what do you think about the connection between action and surrendering?

Thanks!

Edited by Seyed

@Seyed Surrender= ego death: the renunciation, rejection and, ultimately, the death of the need to hold on to a separate, self-centered existence

@cetus56 Got it!

How does then enlightened people TAKE ACTION? Do they just follow the flow of universe through their higher awareness?  

Edited by Seyed

I think surrender is the same as letting go and releasing something instead of holding onto it. That "it" is within self help often referred to as an emotion such as anger, sadness, depression, jealousy, whatever. 

I believe you know you have fully surrendered to an experience when afterwords, you feel liberated and like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. It truly feels amazing and freeing afterwords so it is surely worth the short term pain from loosing control and surrendering from my experience...

If you are struggling to surrender, try meditating daily for 20-60 minutes preferably 60 if you have the time and are in need for a release of emotion. 

24 minutes ago, Seyed said:

@cetus56 Got it!

How does then enlightened people TAKE ACTION? Do they just follow the flow of universe through their higher awareness?  

Enlightened people are action itself.

Action is a form, if you are the essence of all forms then you are everything. That includes action itself. 

9 minutes ago, Seyed said:

@cetus56 Got it!

How does then enlightened people live? Do they just follow the flow of universe through their higher awareness?  

Remove the word "their" and yes that would be about it. Enlightened realize what they are is higher awareness itself. In actuality, everyone is already that. Most just don't realize they are because of the illusion of self that masks the truth. If you have a location, you can't be everywhere, can you? But most won't dare to let go of themselves, so they cling to the safety of ego-self and it's confined existence.

1 minute ago, Seyed said:

It is now much more clear. "I" have still long way to fully realize. Thank you both :)

@Seyed Welcome to the path!:)

37 minutes ago, Seyed said:

@Svartsaft hehe. Good metaphor! I'll give it a shot :)

Its not a metaphor at all. You cant give it a shot.

Hm. To be a little bit encourging. I think can put your self in a position were you are forced to surrender. But for me personaly its been by accident. Whops to mutch lsd. Whops locked in a pitch black basement by accidently thowing out from inside. That was a mess. Or whops locked up in the most violent "prison" in sweden. Those times were horrible and surrendering. There i started to meditate.

Good luck. Or bad realy ?

Real surrender just happens. There is nothing surrendering, there is nothing to surrender to and there is nothing to surrender. If you actively choose to surrender it is not a real surrender, it is just more doing from the seperate self.

in my own opinion surrender means stop thinking that you are aware, but be aware that you are thinking.