Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysJoggin

Still suffering from gambling addiction

5 posts in this topic

It’s been less than a year since I first started I tried to quit my times fail over and over and now I’m in the edge I hurt my self financially hope this my waking call and i leave this behind with 2020. I’m 23 and since I started gambling in around May this year i lost 10k maybe a bit more I don’t remember. 
the problem is I don’t want to work 9to5 job i hate it so i say i will start making money gambling lol? 

2 hours ago, AlwaysJoggin said:

the problem is I don’t want to work 9to5 job i hate it so i say i will start making money gambling lol? 

you know that las vegas was mostly built upon the tears of the losers, just keep that in mind

i never really quite understood this gambling addiction, well it's probably the dopamine rush, and the stories your mind paints "once you're rich" etc.

but still the chances are soooo tiny

a friend of mine is somewhat addicted to gambling, he says he also never understood this addiction until he started gambling.

@PurpleTree same i even use to gamble and not get addicted it happened when I started winning alot i went on a winning run and that made me convinced that I somehow learned something here but in reality i was just getting lucky and that was dooming for me taking me time and time again to lose to start realising the truth that table games are rigged and fixed specially blackjack you have 3 times more  likely to lose that win yet they make you believe it’s 50/50. 

On 25/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, AlwaysJoggin said:

I guess addictions aren't rational, so telling you the small chances of this actually happening doesn't penetrate to the emotional core which you're trying to avoid and suppress. Leo has a video on addictions, could be helpful if you haven't seen it. To summarise, you need to open up to, embrace and fully experience your feelings and work through them. Easy enough for me to say, hard to practice I know. How have you tried to quit so far, by yourself or with a support group? They may be helpful if you've not tried yet. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@AlwaysJoggin  Bro you need to read read read and read some more, and when you are finished reading you need to read some more. You need to read about gambling addiction. PM me if you want/need to talk.

Arc