The Don

Something Fundamentaly Important To Contemplate And Think About

10 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm reading a new book.

I have something important to share with those passionate about the fundamentals of reality.

This is an excerpt from the book Thought As Passion by Ken Wilber:

What is this awareness of yours, that holds the entire universe in its embrace and knows the secrets even of God? In the still point of the turning world, in the secret center of the known universe, in the eyes of the very one reading this page, at the very source of thought itself, watch the entire Kosmos emerge, dancing wildly with a passion philosophy tries to capture, crowned with glory and sealed with wonder lovers seek to share, rushing through a radiant world of time that is but eternity’s bid to be seen. What is this Self of yours?

I thought the ideas above might inspire you to contemplate the very nature of consciousness.

God bless!

Me on the road less traveled.

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Holy shit. That gave me chills! :o

I have some more:

See for yourself if, in the depths of your own awareness, right here and now, you can find the entire Kosmos, because that is where it resides. Birds are singing—in your awareness. Ocean waves are crashing—in your awareness. Clouds are floating by—in the sky of your own awareness.

Thoughts?

@The Don Well yeah, awareness is all that exists. God, me. Etc.

Seems too radical to accept it though. So at least me I keep believing there's such a thing as parallel universes or some shit like this to reassure myself there exists things outside my existence and I'm not just taking to myself all the time.

Such a mystery isn't it. Leo said in a video that just keep this existence or awareness in mind and eventually the nature of existence would unravel. I intuitively think that's the case as well. Seen some other guru's say similar things.

@Javfly33

Is there or is there not, the actual direct experience, of talking to your self? 

Or is there a safe guarding at play against what is only the thought that you are?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Swarnim said:

@Leo Gura said in a video that just keep this existence or awareness in mind and eventually the nature of existence would unravel.

Yeah. I get it.

I'm doing a similar exercise but in my own creative way.

For example, even when I'm at work, I make a constant effort to keep my awareness focused on what's happening inside my own mind; just like a spectator that looks into himself in a detached manner.

I notice my thoughts wildly unfolding by themselves. I'm noticing my emotions as well. I also notice the gut sensation of social anxiety as it bubbles up while I'm talking to somebody.

Mindful awareness allows me to see all of that and separate myself from unproductive thoughts, shadows, and negative emotions.

Because of pure awareness, I'm now able to see the autonomy of emotions. Some aspects of ourselves have their own sovereignty, in the sense that sometimes a negative emotion is so strong that it can completely take over you.

When you think about something bad, the mind can trigger a negative emotion. That's reactivity in a nutshell. If you identify with that particular reaction, you instantaneously become the reaction. If you don't, that reaction becomes an entity, a simple background noise that's unable to perturb your awareness.

At first, you have no idea what awareness is because you haven't overcome an invisible wall that is blindsiding you from seeing the truth.

For some people, it can take years just to have an insight into awareness.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@Javfly33

Is there or is there not, the actual direct experience, of talking to your self? 

Or is there a safe guarding at play against what is only the thought that you are?

No, it seems like an illusion :tumbs up

@Javfly33

? When it’s noticed there is thinking of you, thinking in two...bring conviction to taking a stand as you, as presence. As the presence that is you, and is actual. Not thoughts about it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm yeah man, i mean I just kind can't stop sometimes.

I find relieving that even when there it seems to be that i am talking to myself, there is the awareness that is watching *even the identification.

Also, and it's what I find truly weird, someday I ll just meditate and be very peaceful. But other times I won't meditate and be very identified. Yet it seems that there is an "acceptance" to the moments of being identified.

As an anecdote, today I was walking down a beautiful river through the forest. I just stopped to get a little leave with my fingers. I started looking at the leave, and a powerful contemplation arised. I just asked myself, is there any reason to give more importance to the concept of myself than this leave?

Suddenly I couldn't answer that question. Maybe the concept of myself is not more important than any *object i came up upon in reality. Like, the concept of myself and the leave both appear in my awareness. I am choosing to give more importance to the thought "I".

So that was very nice. But...not sure why I keep "forgetting".