Red-White-Light

Overcoming Derealisation and Grounded in Nothingness

25 posts in this topic

Months ago I was suffering from extreme derealisation, I though the state would never pass away. I took a long break from meditation, self-inquiry etc. I have recently returned to daily mediation practices for about 2 months. I have been absolutely grounded in pure nothingness. It’s a totally different experience from derealisation. It’s like you’re grounded in emptiness, rather than reality being dream-like in a bad way. I honestly just wanted to share this to bring a sense of hope to people who are going through derealisation on the path. It can be overcome and you can become regrounded. :)

Being grounded in nothingness seems oxymoronic, until you directly experience it :) The image that arose for me, when I first discovered it, was floating in an infinite void, sitting in lotus position on a circle of light, noticing the ego spiders scurrying along the void walls, and trying to ensnare me with their webs, but vigilantly staying centered in the light. The spiders have nothing to attach to, as long as you unconditionally stay centered. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Red-White-Light did meditation reduce the derealization? 

I'm asking because I'm curious. I have been meditating for 3 years now. But I didn't experience derealization 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Red-White-Light maybe you can try different techniques of meditation. Some techniques might not produce such effects. You might want to do trial and error. 

In any case, the best way for me to not suffer derealization is to simply relax and touch everything around me and see it for what it is, be in tune with my biological senses, observe my own body and bodily sensations and usually after doing this the derealization goes away. 

Also drinking tons of water clears up the imbalances of the chakras that cause such mental dissociation and fog. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I was in the void recently, there was no one there, there was no reference, no god, no beauty or ugliness, it was an empty hole, the absence of something, terrifying when I appeared. I want to go there without psychedelics, because his purity is complete, I feel a huge atraction. the problem is that I and nothing cant live together. I'm trying to educate myself to agree to come to nothing , but no ... no one can come in, I have to wait outside. difficult, but it supposed is possible

14 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Moksha Sorry I’m not really good with metaphors or imagery, didn’t quite understand what you said there.

Sorry, my mind just realizes that way. More directly, when you feel grounded in nothingness, what is grounding you? Is anything pulling at you, at the same time?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Moksha Nothing is pulling me, I don’t feel separate, form the emptiness.

Is there any light, intelligence, abundance, or consciousness in the nothing? Or is it utter blackness?

@Moksha Metaphorically you could say the light of consciousness, but ultimately it’s an abundance of consciousness or Intelligence... in my opinion

Just now, Red-White-Light said:

@Moksha Metaphorically you could say the light of consciousness, but ultimately it’s an abundance of consciousness or Intelligence... in my opinion

Setting aside the metaphor and the opinion, what do you realize?

8 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Moksha Pure Being, that’s it, I’m just a part of the pure being, not separate.

Sweet :) Nothingness doesn't resonate for me, because it implies infinite darkness. Emptiness is closer. Spaciousness is closer yet. Being is where its at, from this limited perspective.