Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Trump ordering most US troops out of Somalia

25 posts in this topic

He also campaigned a lot on this "bring the troops home" sentiment.

Do you think it's a good or bad thing?

Personally i think it's good, the world police status of the US can't be maintained.

800 US bases around the world seems a bit excessive

backpage-11601.jpg

50 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Personally i think it's good, the world police status of the US can't be maintained.

800 US bases around the world seems a bit excessive

Why not?

Why?

I have no idea if it's a good thing, but I certainly like Trump's idea of pulling out of 'endless wars' on principle.

Maybe the only good thing that orange thing did. 

* reluctantly gives credit.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

it's still only a proposal, which will only move troops over to neighboring countries, not home,  where they will still conduct ground combat in Somalia.

I'm not a expert on this subject. But experts (who aren't Trump loyals) say that it's a bad thing. I trust them way more than Trump and Trump loyals.

And think about all the innocent people (and also "guilty") who will get slaughtered by terrorists because US pulls out their troops. Think about how their country will go to hell because of that.

In all countries there's a never ending war against criminals. Would you want that the police/law enforcement would get dismantled in your country? Probably not. So why is it okay to dismantle the police/law enforcement in other countries by pulling home your troops? Just because humans have invented a artificial line between countries? Just because it's not your country? That's selfish and a duality.

"It's not my country, so let's let them kill each other, let's let their country go to hell."

Everyone just automatically dislike things like "endless war" and "world police" because they for some reason sound like bad things. The truth is that we are all in a endless war, and that the police/law enforcement is needed. And it's not okay to not give a shit about other countries just because there's a human-made line between the countries.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

I'm not a expert on this subject. But experts (who aren't Trump loyals) say that it's a bad thing. I trust them way more than Trump and Trump loyals.

And think about all the innocent people (and also "guilty") who will get slaughtered by terrorists because US pulls out their troops. Think about how their country will go to hell because of that.

In all countries there's a never ending war against criminals. Would you want that the police/law enforcement would get dismantled in your country? Probably not. So why is it okay to dismantle the police/law enforcement in other countries by pulling home your troops? Just because humans have invented a artificial line between countries? Just because it's not your country? That's selfish and a duality.

"It's not my country, so let's let them kill each other, let's let their country go to hell."

Everyone just automatically dislike things like "endless war" and "world police" because they for some reason sound like bad things. The truth is that we are all in a endless war, and that the police/law enforcement is needed. And it's not okay to not give a shit about other countries just because there's a human-made line between the countries.

yea totally disagree

in my country we aren't in an "endless war", imo that's dumb 'murican rhetoric like "war on drugs" "war on terror"

you probably were also in favour of the war on drugs, iraq war and drone strikes which have mostly civilians as casualties, "because experts (who aren't trump loyals) say that it isn't a bad thing."

there will never be the "right" moment to pull the troops out, there will always be something.

the war machine wants to keep on warring and if possible expand and grow, conflict is good for business and it doesn't want to shrink

i'm not saying it's always wrong to intervene but it's really hard to tell when it is and isn't, many conflicts etc. have been made much worse with intervention.

get the troops out, go home 

@PurpleTree Then you have no problem with your country becoming lawless and get all cops removed?

Edited by Blackhawk

27 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@PurpleTree Then you have no problem with your country becoming lawless and get all cops removed?

you're not making sense, these cops are from my country not from the US.

and they're mostly just giving tickets to people who park on the wrong spot.

I get it, the US is in a very tough position, they're entangled in so many conflicts around the world that it's very hard to get out of.

If they pull out they might lose dominance, it's bad for business, it could create a vacuum, others could seize the opportunity, they could lose allies, make enemies, weapons companies wouldn't want it etc.

I'm not envious of the people who have to try to get the US out of those conflicts but imo it's very necessary

It was mostly the expansionist war machine who maneuvered the US into those conflicts so i'm also not pitying them either.

Being thee superpower isn't easy.

From my POV i'd also prefer the US to be the superpower for my life and lifestyle instead of let's say a Russia/China alliance

but i don't think it's maintainable and i think the US needs to pull back from a lot of places ASAP and maybe focus on some core places.

Edited by PurpleTree

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

you're not making sense, these cops are from my country not from the US.

and they're mostly just giving tickets to people who park on the wrong spot.

Yes but those other countries don't have the luxury of having a good law enforcement system.

These countries which we are talking about doesn't have a strong enough law enforcement system, and they have too many blood thirsty terrorists and shit. So US leaving those countries means that they will go to hell when US leaves.

So, I'm making a hypothetical thought scenario where a similar situation would happen to your country:

Imagine that your country would be almost completely without police and a law enforcement system. So that criminals would be free to do whatever they want. Would you like that?

The same thing happens if US leaves the countries. But even worse than that, because they are full of blood thirsty terrorists, and your country probably isn't. I don't know which country you live in.

Edited by Blackhawk

2 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Yes but those other countries don't have the luxury of having a good law enforcement system.

These countries which we are talking about doesn't have a strong enough law enforcement system, and they have too many blood thirsty terrorists and shit. So US leaving those countries means that they will go to hell when US leaves.

So, I'm making a hypothetical thought scenario where a similar situation would happen to your country:

Imagine that your country would be almost completely without police and a law enforcement system. So that criminals would be free to do whatever they want. Would you like that?

The same thing happens if US leaves the countries. But even worse than that, because they are full of blood thirsty terrorists, and your country probably isn't. I don't know which country you live in.

"one persons terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

the us used to support terrorists in some countries like afghanistan, they just called them freedom fighters.

we'll never agree on this subject probably

iraq still remains extremely unstable after all those years and afghanistan too

you can't safe the world, actually you're making many places much worse

maybe in some glorious future we'll have something like the UN just much better (higher on the spiral) with lots of checks and balances, troops from all continents and "great leadership" who are bringing stability to such regions and act like some "world police" it's not the us though imo they have too much self interest (understandably)

If you just abandon the countries with terrorists, then a new ISIS, or ISIS itself would get born again in no time.

And it would grow big, big, big, and then finally it would reach the US border. And then you would have to fight a border war anyway, unless you want also US to be overrun by terrorists. And you would get lots and lots of terrorist attacks in US.

Edited by Blackhawk

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

If you just abandon the countries with terrorists, then a new ISIS, or ISIS itself would get born again in no time.

And it would grow big, big, big, and then finally it would reach the US border. And then you would have to fight a border war anyway, unless you want also US to be overrun by terrorists. And you would get lots and lots of terrorist attacks in US.

so then you can never leave those places and you have to go into a lot more countries too and up your presence in a lot of places like yemen, lebanon, iran, turkey, east african countries, some asian countries etc.. there will be millions of civilians children etc. killed by your army and its allies

good luck

the war tactic seemed to work in places like germany, japan, s. korea, vietnam those places are now peaceful, integrated into the global economy and buy a lot of US goods etc.

but maybe the tactic just doesn't work in places with muslim ideology or maybe they're just doing it wrong 

6 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

so then you can never leave those places and you have to go into a lot more countries too and up your presence in a lot of places like yemen, lebanon, iran, turkey, east african countries, some asian countries etc.. there will be millions of civilians children etc. killed by your army and its allies

good luck

the war tactic seemed to work in places like germany, japan, s. korea, vietnam those places are now peaceful, integrated into the global economy and buy a lot of US goods etc.

but maybe the tactic just doesn't work in places with muslim ideology or maybe they're just doing it wrong 

Yes you can never leave those places. Or at least for a long time. And what is the problem with that? With that logic you should also get rid of the police in US because it's also a kind of never ending war. What is the difference?

No you don't need to get into a lot more countries because it's not the same situation in the other countries.

And I'm not buying that US loves war just because it wants money. It sounds like a conspiracy theory.

And war costs, so, no it's not because of money.

Or maybe you mean that the weapon companies are running the US government or something. That's a even bigger conspiracy theory.

34 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Yes you can never leave those places. Or at least for a long time. And what is the problem with that? With that logic you should also get rid of the police in US because it's also a kind of never ending war. What is the difference?

No you don't need to get into a lot more countries because it's not the same situation in the other countries.

seems like you're a fan of the ever expanding war machine and i'm not, you think it's doing good, i'm not

you think it's solving problems, i'm not

also your name is it in love for the us army helicopters or the chicago team?

it's funny theres the us war movie "blackhawk down" which is actually about the war in somalia which fits perfectly with this topic and your name

but we're going in circles here, so i'm leaving it at that

goodbye sir

Edited by PurpleTree

12 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

seems like you're a fan of the ever expanding war machine and i'm not, you think it's doing good, i'm not

you think it's solving problems, i'm not

also your name is it in love for the us army helicopters or the chicago team?

it's funny theres the us war movie "blackhawk down" which is actually about the war in somalia which fits perfectly with this topic and your name

but we're going in circles here, so i'm leaving it at that

goodbye sir

My name is just a coincidence.

I think it's pretty obvious what would happen if US would simply leave all other countries, but ok.

On 06/12/2020 at 3:35 PM, Blackhawk said:

And I'm not buying that US loves war just because it wants money. It sounds like a conspiracy theory.

And war costs, so, no it's not because of money.

Or maybe you mean that the weapon companies are running the US government or something. That's a even bigger conspiracy theory.

You really think that USA government is fighting for those people in other countries? 

16 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

You really think that USA government is fighting for those people in other countries? 

What are they fighting for?