Psychonaut

Do You Carry A Diary With You?

11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a notebook to carry in the pocket of my pants, it should be sturdy (hardcover) and last a few months.

I want to write down ideas, plans, goals, how long I've meditated and so forth.

Do any of you carry a diary on you?

What do you write in it?

Penis

Journaling the events of a day can be a help to clearer "seeing".

However noting mundane things such as number of meditations etc. keeps one's focus limited to personal self (egoic activity).

Journaling takes note of small, often seemingly meaningless events throughout a day.  They are events that catch one's attention maybe for a brief moment only.   These can be priceless glimpses that reveal exactly what is needed during your journey.

Maybe it is something someone said, or how you felt about what someone said.  Or perhaps you suddenly see a person, or an object or a piece of music or an expression from a "brand new" perspective.   It might be something that "thrills" you for a moment, or causes you to catch your breath.  It could be anything momentous or anything very simple.   There is a potential of hidden insights that can be explored in relation to one's awareness.

As one occasionally checks on what has been written in this 'journal or glimpses',  some deeper insights are often evoked.  This stimulation of insights often affords improvement to one's clarity of understanding on the journey towards liberation.

joy :)

Edited by walt

The cool things with a diary is that you can write in it whatever you want. There is no rules a part from beeing the writer of your own thoughts. I´ve been Writing diaries ever since Writing was possible for me (around 8 years old). It started just by writing funny details of the Day that catched my attention as a Child or things I didn´t dare to say to anyone, yeah basically a secret diary. It was only about having fun with my own ideas and memories. I did even draw in it. Then, as my interest for the outside World began to grow, I wrote less about memories and began to expand more my thought.  I did write especially on feelings I struggled to express with people around me. Things I could not put Words on just by speaking with someone, things that required focus and freedom to let your ideas flows on the paper... Of course while you let your thoughts flows, there is no limit. And that´s, personally my problem, because once I start, I have difficulties to stop and I don´t have the time for that every day ^^

However, I did and still do write goals and ideas, just less than Before... Eventually I will try to write more often as I will start with meditation. (a good way to break bad habits and use time wisely!)

Let it flow ;) !

Edited by otoumie

Yes! I've been writing a diary since I was ten years old and I carry it with me often.

I'm so used to writing my thoughts that I don't even think about it. I love writing and I don't think I'll ever stop. It clears my mind and helps me get new ideas instead of being stuck in a ball of vague blah blah inside my head.

I also started a bullet journal, because I wanted to keep better track of my to do's. It works, but it's annoying. ?

Do you carry your diary around with you or do you keep it at home?

I could use my phone as a diary, it's a Samsung Note 3 and even has a pen. But I want to use my phone less and my diary shouldn't need a battery.

I'm not sure if I want to write a real diary, but I'd like to write my todo lists, goals, random thoughts, etc on real paper and not have them in my phone where I can just click them away with a single press of the home button. I have just found if I actually write things on paper I am more likely to do them.

Penis

@Psychonaut Sorry I didn´t get enough attention on your question about a diary you carry out with you, and not a real diary at home. Well, I also have a samsung (4G). Therefore, I write my to do list on the application "colornote". When I got one thing done, I just delete the sentence or Word about this thing. So the more I get done, the smaller my list become and it´s a great feeling. When it comes to ideas, I write them on my phone as well with the same application but in another color, and sometimes when I have time I develop my ideas on a small bloc note I carry on with me. Still. since it´s just raindom thoughts, I don´t really care on the Outlook as I do with my homediary.

Edited by otoumie

I carry a little note pad I got feom wal-mart. They come in a pack of 3. It's paper back, but it holds up quite nicely, especially since it tends to get wet everyday. Power washing kind of sucks. I just use a pencil to write insted of ink. I don't know what your daily situation is, but it works for me.

@Psychonaut I have a journal for everything, however I carry around my day planner so I know what I have on for the day and it keeps track of what I eat and how much I spent that day and I carry around a little bullet journal where I write down any and every random idea (E.g.An inspiring quote I herd/saw, What I need to do for next week, what I need to plan/buy at a certain time, grocery list) You can look up on you tube bullet journal (I personally couldn't live without one). Then I usually go through it when I go home and sort all my notes to where they need to go and update my day planner for the next day.

You can get good quality journals and day planners from any newsagent.

On February 9, 2016 at 0:30 PM, Psychonaut said:

I'm looking for a notebook to carry in the pocket of my pants, it should be sturdy (hardcover) and last a few months.

I want to write down ideas, plans, goals, how long I've meditated and so forth.

Do any of you carry a diary on you?

What do you write in it?

No but I hear successful people do and it's effective. I'm gonna go to Walmart and buy one. 

I was thinking about having a journal myself to document different ways that i feel throught the day and the causes. A self study journal. I have not started, i have only tried to remember the way i feel when i recognize and seprate from it, but leaning towards trying a journal soon. 

I have a notebook and One Note app on my phone + PC. I use notebook to write the "final" plan for the day, and for some additional ideas sometimes I use the back of the notebook and sticky notes (I have it on the cover inside the notebook). I also write some summaries at the each page (every day has it's own page) and some intention.

I use One Note to store all of my University stuff, files, schedules, informations, notes, also for work (I work as a software developer) - it's very easy to get the screen shoots and put it there in the right spot. I am a participant of few students associations so every idea of that I store in One Note as well - it's easy then to copy it to google drive and share the ideas, plans and so on.

At work I also use the back of the notebook to write down things such as algorithms or something I need to kind of deeply think of.

It's quite huge solution (especially at the beginning) and it's really hard to keep it clean. Actually I just started use it correctly - I'm using it for 2 years now.