The Don

Leo, what are you doing specifically when you're contemplating knowledge?

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

I'm a follower of @Leo Gura not because he's giving us great content on a weekly basis, but because of his way of articulating understanding.

Without exaggeration, I'm simply stunned by the simple way he puts his ideas into words.

I think it would be a great topic to discuss openly how to contemplate things in a practical manner.

What do you have to do to become really good at articulating understanding?

Besides Leo's advice on contemplation, are there other ways that contribute to acing this particular skill?

And for those who are practicing contemplation, what did you discover in the meantime? Do you have any valuable things to share here?

I opened a similar discussion here before, but I need to look at this from different perspectives. I would appreciate specific and concrete examples.

Thank you! :D

Edited by The Don
To add a new sentence.

Me on the road less traveled.

It's a bit of curse, really.

If you want to get good at articulating ideas, you must articulate them all the time in your head, 24/7.

It's not necessarily good for your peace of mind. But it's great for teaching.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's a bit of curse, really.

If you want to get good at articulating ideas, you must articulate them all the time in your head, 24/7.

It's not necessarily good for your peace of mind. But it's great for teaching.

Articulating things in your head is the same as talking to yourself.

They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

They also say it's hard to distinguish genius from madness.

tenor.gif?itemid=4572252

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Articulating things in your head is the same as talking to yourself.

They say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.

They also say it's hard to distinguish genius from madness.

tenor.gif?itemid=4572252

Were all as mad as hatters here. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 hours ago, The Don said:

Hello.

I'm a follower of @Leo Gura not because he's giving us great content on a weekly basis, but because of his way of articulating understanding.

Without exaggeration, I'm simply stunned by the simple way he puts his ideas into words.

I think it would be a great topic to discuss openly how to contemplate things in a practical manner.

What do you have to do to become really good at articulating understanding?

Besides Leo's advice on contemplation, are there other ways that contribute to acing this particular skill?

And for those who are practicing contemplation, what did you discover in the meantime? Do you have any valuable things to share here?

I opened a similar discussion here before, but I need to look at this from different perspectives. I would appreciate specific and concrete examples.

Thank you! :D

Worth noting that when you are contemplating "knowledge" (or what is known), you're using mind to think about and/or connect what it knows (concepts, ideas, seemingly meaningful projections, etc). Nothing wrong with that.

But when getting to the crux of Realization/Actualization, it's not so much a knowledgeable "thing", but a transcendence of the mind's paradigm altogether. And I mean, an absolute break from it. Once it happens, there's no real "going back"... as it may be akin to a psychological allergy of sorts, hehe.

Again, articulating the view from, or the pointing back to, Source are events that happen in Consciousness .... the Oneness that one already IS and is being sought (all three are just conceptual labels of the same non-thing). It's not a knowledgeable thing, per se, which is why "teachers" often used to refer to it as things like "Supreme Knowledge" and the like.

I typically use "Realization" to distinguish it from "knowledge", because it seems to make sense to do so. They're not to be confused, but the mind will typically try to bring such views/pointing down to its level, and require it to make sense to it. It doesn't. It only makes sense to Intelligence.