Lurking667

LSD bad trip report : Never ending recursive thought loops of madness

28 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Lurking667 said:

Yes that's my point I was still thinking the whole time, and thinking only leads to delusion right?

Unconscious thinking leads to delusion. Conscious thinking leads to love. As my man Buddha puts it:

Hard it is to train the mind, which goes where it likes and does what it wants. But a trained mind brings health and happiness. The wise can direct their thoughts, subtle and elusive, wherever they choose: a trained mind brings health and happiness.

Those who can direct thoughts, which are unsubstantial and wander so aimlessly, are freed from the bonds of Mara.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha @Lurking667

Ok, thanks Moksha for the clarification. But only when you begin to follow intuition is when you know what kind of thinking is correct, right?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

16 hours ago, Lurking667 said:
16 hours ago, Lurking667 said:

I'm really curious to know how exactly your experience of psychedelics has changed since then, would you mind detailing? Weed just doesn't feel the same to me so I just stopped lol, all in all this was probably the most beneficial experience of my life on so many aspects, I'm so grateful and amazed at the way psychedelics always seem to find the right way to deliver the right message to whoever needs it 

I will try.

If I were to ask you, right now, to just sit with your eyes closed and discern how you are feeling by "observing" the visceral tone of your present condition before labelling it, you might notice a sense of contraction in your guts/chest which, depending on its nature for you, might lead to the conclusion that you are feeling bored, tense, interested, engaged etc, ie the mind has labelled it thus based on a life-time of recognising it, and a familiarity with how ones subsequent thoughts would "confirm" this. Once identified, note that ones thoughts (of boredom, tension, interest, engagement) build upon the pre-existing feeling, perhaps just amping it up, or modifying it in some way, but however this is, it is in keeping with ones preliminary identification. I am pointing out how thoughts and feelings are intrinsically linked, sustaining each other via a type of feedback. Now the almost constant persistence of a visceral tone and its ebbing and flowing in perfect conjunction with ones inner dialogue is in essence what the enduring ("irrefutable") sense of self is, a process which can be recognized with practise as almost mechanical; the thought part is what makes it "real". On a hefty dose of psychedelic, the feedback loop is distorted as more fluid thoughts evoke a magnified and less "well known" (ie novel, unfamiliar) perception of the visceral tone, which will further distort the subsequent thoughts setting up a type of jagged resonance within the loop, which at some point produces uncertainty and.....psychic chaos has been seeded.

Calling it an experience is perhaps inaccurate; it is more of a state of being as when within it, there is no perspective to cast upon it. Being alert to ones visceral tone and how it can colour ones sense of well-being, which includes over different time-frames, means one pays much more attention to ones mindset before deciding to partake of a psychedelic, and an appreciation of the feedback loops construction allows one to tolerate the novel feelings they evoke without the need for reifying the direction of the subsequent thoughts, which is a skilled way  of surrendering/navigating, and when "sees" that the feelings are always in flux one is able to just float with the changing nature of it all.

@abrakamowse You got it. As Consciousness, you are no longer at the mercy of your mind, but rather, your mind is your musical instrument. Creativity, intuition, and insights arise unconditionally. It is a state of being where you are able to think and express, rather than being thought and expressed.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha Got it! Thanks!!!

Thought will follow that intuition.

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

26 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Thought will follow that intuition.

Right thought and right action ?

On 04/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, Corpus said:

I will try.

If I were to ask you, right now, to just sit with your eyes closed and discern how you are feeling by "observing" the visceral tone of your present condition before labelling it, you might notice a sense of contraction in your guts/chest which, depending on its nature for you, might lead to the conclusion that you are feeling bored, tense, interested, engaged etc, ie the mind has labelled it thus based on a life-time of recognising it, and a familiarity with how ones subsequent thoughts would "confirm" this. Once identified, note that ones thoughts (of boredom, tension, interest, engagement) build upon the pre-existing feeling, perhaps just amping it up, or modifying it in some way, but however this is, it is in keeping with ones preliminary identification. I am pointing out how thoughts and feelings are intrinsically linked, sustaining each other via a type of feedback. Now the almost constant persistence of a visceral tone and its ebbing and flowing in perfect conjunction with ones inner dialogue is in essence what the enduring ("irrefutable") sense of self is, a process which can be recognized with practise as almost mechanical; the thought part is what makes it "real". On a hefty dose of psychedelic, the feedback loop is distorted as more fluid thoughts evoke a magnified and less "well known" (ie novel, unfamiliar) perception of the visceral tone, which will further distort the subsequent thoughts setting up a type of jagged resonance within the loop, which at some point produces uncertainty and.....psychic chaos has been seeded.

Calling it an experience is perhaps inaccurate; it is more of a state of being as when within it, there is no perspective to cast upon it. Being alert to ones visceral tone and how it can colour ones sense of well-being, which includes over different time-frames, means one pays much more attention to ones mindset before deciding to partake of a psychedelic, and an appreciation of the feedback loops construction allows one to tolerate the novel feelings they evoke without the need for reifying the direction of the subsequent thoughts, which is a skilled way  of surrendering/navigating, and when "sees" that the feelings are always in flux one is able to just float with the changing nature of it all.

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation! I'm not sure I fully grasp what you're saying but I will make sure to pay extra attention the next time I take psychedelics to get a better understanding of this.

Maybe you are supposed to forget some things. Maybe ignorance is bliss sometimes.