Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Methods for Effective & Deep learning

4 posts in this topic

Lets say I watch (practical) Actualized.org video : "How to harness your intuition" Or let's say "How to be an attractive man" or something like that 

Is it enough to watch it and then take notes. Because often I forget it & forget to apply it. 

Is it better to then go and continually listen to other teachers / perspective on the same topic, even if they're saying the same thing, just to deepen my understanding or drill in the message more. 

Whatever excites you the most man. Relinquish some of that seriousness and 'I mean business' and instead just enjoy your journey, because it sounds like your on a some sort of wave :)

Do both. Do all of that. You've got all the time in world matey 

What's best is what works best for you. What allows you keep going!

Online, there are tests to see what your learning type is (auditory, visual, kinesthetic, etc.)

Knowing this helps me. I am an auditory learner and I need not take notes for the most part. I just listen carefully and if it’s juicy, I listen again and maybe again.

Maybe you are different though. Perhaps you’ll need to draw out visualizations or make hands on exercises. 

Nonetheless I think one of those online tests would be good to concrete your dominant learning style and figure out some personal learning styles. Take a couple maybe. 

Edited by mw711

You only learn through two things;

1.Repetition
2.Connections

Forgetting curve dictates:
You forget 50% in 1 hour
70% in 1 day
90% in 1 week

So yeah, you're going to want to go over things again and connect them to other things so as to tie things together and create a bigger and bigger brain semantic tree