Hero in progress

The Tao of Veganism

15 posts in this topic

If you went Vegan for a year its estimated that would save 100 lives.

Think about that then, if you was on a plant based diet for lets say 10 years, that amounts to 1000 lives you have spared in your name. Sounds like something any righteous human would do doesn't it? 

Let me ask you, do you consider yourself a good person? are you against animal cruelty? If you saw me cutting a cats throat open with a razor blade would you stop me? would you be emotionally disturbed and feel compelled to rescue the cat? if your like most people, you would be very angry at me and totally be against it, and I would reply back to you "no no dont worry its okay im gona eat it". 

What about a cow or pig or a chicken? ahh things just changed didn't they.  Why?

could it possibly be cognitive dissonance... dont know what im talking about? check this short video explaining it, if your not currently vegan you might wana check it out because you have it my friend. Apparently this forum is all about self understanding so what you waiting for watch at least 5 mins of it. 

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. ~ Krishnamurti ~

May all beings be happy, may all beings be free, may all beings be at peace ~ Adyashanti~

If you need advice and support going to Vegan, reach out to me, dont be a stranger.

I've been Vegan for months now. Thanks. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I'd say pesticides kill a lot of animals and birds. It's very cruel. 

Once I saw an elephant baby on TV eating a crop and dying later. I cried a lot that day 

That day was one of the worst days of my life. 

It must be even more than 100 lives because you're also wasting less water, producing less CO2 and you're motivating others to go vegan, too.

But I don't think it's necessarily selfish not to be a vegan. For example dumpster diving is even more sustainable, same for eating roadkill deer instead of veggies from a supermarket.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@Villager Albert

If theres a option that not only we can survive on but also be healthy on ( diet) then what justifies it anymore. So yeah not being vegan is necessarily selfish and you would be actively contributing to it in the form of supply and demand.  Eating roadkill and dumpster diving may well be less wasteful but certainly not sustainable for everyone.  Theres enough food to feed the whole planet already, most of it is being used relative to feeding ( fattening ) the animals that are eaten by people. Its the option that minimizes unnecessary suffering the most, plant based. Its good for the planet, the animals, the people. 

@Preety_India

Saw your post with eggs. Your not vegan, to claim so on my post, and then post what you did makes you a walking contradiction

Edited by Hero in progress

3 minutes ago, Hero in progress said:

@Preety_India

Saw your post with eggs. Your not vegan, to claim so on my post, and then post what you did makes you a walking contribution. 

I think vegans do eat eggs, it's called veggan, you can look up. Not all vegans though 

Edited by Preety_India

@Hero in progress they do, like I said not all, but some and it's called "veggan" and you can look the term. It's a part of flexible veganism. 

One can eat free range eggs Btw. 

@neutralempty

Ive got a mum although being vegetarian for years, she still drinks milk, eats eggs, consumes dairy in general. Wont change, but also would refuse to watch any videos about how that stuff is landing on the shelves. I see this alot, people are scared of the reality, but at the same time are actively contributing to it. Scary stuff.    

@neutralempty

Well, All I can say is im grateful your here with me.

While im alive as this one, im going to promote veganism as much as I can, because I believe this is a just cause. I actually really do care about these beings, I believe we need to finally liberate these animals and change our ways. I pray to the most high, that im not the only one who feels this way.