Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blankisomeone

Will we see a “conscious politics” debate between two politicians in our lifetime?

8 posts in this topic

Last night I was watching a debate between the two candidates for mayor of Rio de Janeiro and today I woke up with my face sore from having cringed too hard. The entire debate was based on blaming each other. The population got NOTHING from that stupid debate.

Do you guys think that in our lifetime we will see two candidates with good systems thinking and talking about love, etc? Haha

No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@blankisomeone

I think it's possible. We're still pretty far from that point as it seems even our most conscious politicians resort to violent communication. But things are shifting, I wouldn't rule it out.

Blame games are a staple of dysfunctional politics, but there are respectable politicians around. Germany is known for its civility.

It will still boil down to having a finite amount of resources and having to debate what should be prioritised. 

I will choose to reincarnate many times until I see conscious politics happening here on the fallen Earth :'D

Of course I don't want this to happen, but we could very well be on track for the possibility of a full blown collapse of civilization. Barring no nuclear war, it could be hundreds or even a thousand years until humanity learns the lessons of the current greed we are indulged in, and finally move up to being at the level of conscious nous you're expecting, generally.

It's a naive and dangerous thing to assume progress is going to be a completely linear process. It could be 7 steps backwards, 9 steps forward. There are no rules and it's chaotic. Think about how it took 2 world wars and 50+ million dead to learn the lesson of nationalism. Yet we still aren't even completely past it yet.

hrhrhtewgfegege