Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

Easy come, easy go

9 posts in this topic

Is this philosophy of 'Easy come, easy go' relevant not only in life purpose/career, but also in relationships? What about money? Friendship? Enlightenment?

(Aside from the counter argument that this so-called 'axiom' can cause people to do unnecessarily challenging things to be successful) I only considered this 'easy come easy go' a statement to be related with life purpose and career, but current occurrences  in my life suggests otherwise. That this statement also resides with relationship, making money, and making friends. What do you think?

That is not a philosophy. It's a bumper sticker. 

Maybe you don't appreciate the things that you can get easily, so you throw them away. 

Maybe you only appreciate the things that you work hard for. 

@JosephKnecht Then, are you saying the universe's principle of  'easy come easy go' is totally a farce? Confused what you are trying to say because I on the other hand regard having this as a personal philosophy to be without any value. 

Yes this principle pretty much works in life. 

It makes a lot of sense because it tells you that whatever that looks super easy is actually a farce

Nothing that is absolutely beautiful in life ever comes easily. Lot of hard work involved in that. 

You have to work so hard to make things work. 

This especially applies a lot to relationships. When you get someone who easily creates a connection with you by constantly trying to appease you they are just being shallow and cheap whereas a person who has worked hard to earn your faith and trust is not going to leave you easily, will not cheat on you. 

Same goes for friends. Friends who cherish your bond will earn your respect by putting in the work. Whereas friends who you acquire easily because they simply wanted a chat buddy they are not going to care about you and might some day block you from their life. 

Similarly when it comes to money if a job spot is easily available, understand why it's so easily available. Why didn't someone claim it already? This happened to me at my first job. I responded (7 years ago) to an ad in the newspaper and appeared for the job interview and I had no idea how the job was going to be. Guess what. It was the most horrible job. It was like a telemarketing job and those people took my college certificates as a collateral 

The place was so cramped and dingy and the coworkers were horrible and the working conditions were very dismal and they wouldn't even give me a 2 min break. My health began to rapidly decline and when I protested they told me to pay to get those certificates. I couldnt have been apply to another job because they kinda held me hostage. The only way to get out was by filing a court case. But that would mean a huge loss money wise. So I paid last month salary and got out of that place. In fact you could say it was "easy come harder go" xD

Even a bad relationship is easy come and harder go because it's easy to fall in love but much harder to get out of a toxic relationship. 

So yes the adage is absolutely applicable to everyday life 

Almost anything bad in your life is an example of easy come easy go and sometimes easy come harder go 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

In fact this principle always and always applies in real estate. 

I remember looking for a place to rent a few years ago and after some searching I responded to the ad. 

I did not think why it was available in the first place. Why wasn't it sold already? It was an old ad after all. 

When I went to the place, it appeared clean and nice and the person who wa was the landlord told me all nice things about the place. 

So I fixed the deal and paid the advance deposit and confirmed the rent. 

After a few days I moved in and lived there. They were very cordial and polite and the first three days felt perfect. 

And after 3 days the problems began. The electricity would shut off intermittently. The water was slow and sometimes no water. 

The food couldn't be cooked because the place was too small and there was no arrangement for cooking. The drinking water was terrible. 

After a few months I quit and realized  why that place wasn't being sold out quick because nobody wanted it. 

Now I know that in order to get a better place I also have to do a lot of hard work and research and not simply respond to the very first ad. 

These days if I see the same ad many times I know why it's rotting there because nobody wants to apply or buy. 

Same goes for products in stores. If they come with great discounts and if it looks like they are super cheap with a great deal its most likely because it wasn't getting sold and nobody wanted it so they are giving it in deals to scam people 

At this point if anything looks too easy and too good then it's likely a bad thing. That's how the world works. 

Anything that looks readily available and too easy or too good for your money then it's likely a big scam. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@JosephKnecht

1 hour ago, JosephKnecht said:

Why you don't value the things that come easy to you

I just said ....

2 hours ago, charlie cho said:

I on the other hand regard having this as a personal philosophy to be without any value. 

anyways, to me personally, i sometimes think doing the easy thing is the hardest thing. Therefore, many people live the hard way because their ego gets hurt if they do it easy. So I don't always do the hard thing personally. So i guess, what i mean "hard" is not physically or mentally hard. (mathematical, business problems are mentally hard. Mining jobs are physically hard), but i mean spiritually "hard". And it happens to be that many things that are easy mentally and physically can be spiritually hard paradoxically. 

So recently, I've been feeling, nothing that is of value is really "spiritually" hard. 

@Preety_India you remind me of the law of Tao. How rich men pretend to be poor. Geniuses of the ages pretend to be a fool. Law of the world? What seems hard seems to be of much value. Things that are available easy, is many a fraud or low value