LfcCharlie4

Non-Dual Freedom

8 posts in this topic

Wanted to share a few excerpts from a book I’ve been re-reading recently. 

This is it. 

Freedom is always found here & now.

Enjoy it! 

CC6618E1-CA0D-4EDA-8A6C-31D40CDE6C4E.png

0B3BD6FA-BFBE-4749-9691-9DA5DB569619.png

38E7E852-BD1A-47D9-8374-6E3D8A1AA044.png

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Such an un-nuanced perspective of psychedelics. Of course this perspective is true, yet to dismiss the utility and freeing power of profound altered states is to throw the baby out with the bath water. Serious psychonauts know how to let go of the experience and state once it’s over. 

Otherwise, yeah this is a spot on post. If you can’t find freedom and truth in the mundane sober state, you’re screwed and most likely chasing your tail. Yet perhaps there is a wisdom, an understanding and irreplaceable perspective gained from examining reality a myriad of perspectives, both with psychedelics or meditative states like the Jhana’s. Perhaps these perspective shifts not only open us up to freedom, but joy, wonder and the sacred as well. 

Edited by Consilience

@Consilience I agree, Pshces / States in general can show us what is possible. 

In fact, I got serious about spirituality after taking MDMA at a rave and feeling that love throughout all of my body & just being mesmerized about how good the feeling was. But, it's about integrating & utilizing those experiences into sober life. 

Some of those people are still using those substances heavily 3+ years later. hey, I'm all for having fun, I love to party, but as you said it's about knowing when to let go & take breaks at least. 

But, yeah I agree. I think the message was don't expect awakening to be like tripping / rolling 24/7, not that, these substances can't help one on their journey! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Just a suggestion, but not an advisement: if you seek anything sensory, seek the Jhanas. They are out of this world blissful. They make MDMA seem like nothing in comparison. Of course, in the end, who cares?

@The0Self Yeah man, this was 3+ years ago anyways, and was just my personal entry point into taking this work seriously! 

Glad to hear the Jhanas have worked for you :)

Was that from Ananda's book? I haven't read it but it felt like her. I hope that blank mind state isn't dangerous, my teacher is trying to get us to a state where the mind has no more thoughts, because we are trying to do something new and paranormal and we need that state to achieve it, the shaktipat is so strong and some of the students are having some scary effects from  losing their minds :)

What book are you reading? What’s the author? I want to write a quote down and want to record what it’s from and who.

@Seraphim Maybe ;) 

I'd recommend reading it, even if just for the story of her life post awakening, when you talk about a life transforming awakening, it's about as extreme as it gets. 

I mean you kinda answered your own question- people are losing their mind, isn't that harmful in itself? Please stay safe! I hope whatever the teacher wants you to do helps you!

@73809 Intimacy With The Infinite by Ananda Devi- Defo in my top 5 Non-Duality books, but I'm biased as she is my teacher haha