Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LordFall

Quitting vaping once and for all

4 posts in this topic

I started vaping in 2017 and have been trying to quit for around a year. I've managed to do it for three weeks but keep relapsing when I hang out with other people that vape or drink. I've directly noticed that it lowers my energy, increases my anxiety, and lowers my motivation so that in and of itself is enough of a reason to quit besides any other medium or long term health effects that I'm consciously trying to ignore. 

My roommate vapes and so trying to quit will be a nightmare. About as easy as quitting junk food while owning a convenience store. But this needs to be done since I feel like it's hindering my growth potential. Do you guys have any advice/relatable stories for me? 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall Vaping I found even harder to quit than smoking, since every time I'd smoke, I'd get withdrawal symptoms for 4 days and didn't want to repeat that, whereas whenever I'd stop vaping, there wouldn't be any negative effects at all. I eventually quit because I felt that it interrupted my mindfulness somewhat. Whenever I got the desire to vape, I'd find a place to sit down wherever I was, and do a 1-10 minute meditation session, sometimes just noting my current mind state aloud 1x/sec.

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

@LordFall Vaping I found even harder to quit than smoking, since every time I'd smoke, I'd get withdrawal symptoms for 4 days and didn't want to repeat that, whereas whenever I'd stop vaping, there wouldn't be any negative effects at all. I eventually quit because I felt that it interrupted my mindfulness somewhat. Whenever I got the desire to vape, I'd find a place to sit down wherever I was, and do a 1-10 minute meditation session, sometimes just noting my current mind state aloud 1x/sec.

Did you find what triggered you to vape? I noticed that everytime I'm trying to run away from an emotion I vape. If I think about how I'm not where I want to be, I vape and it feels better. If I think about how I've done something shitty to someone, I vape and it feels better. When I'm nervous about something, I vape and it feels better. 

I honestly thought that I vaped because of boredom but the realization that it is to cope with negative emotions makes it hard to keep doing consciously. Doubled by the fact that all my most successful best friends don't vape/smoke and the ones that I see with emotional issues usually do makes it even more troubling. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

@LordFall I did it because I was experience-chasing and it was an experience that I could consume while doing ordinary activities like studying or writing or driving. I noticed it was making me less conscious during those moments, so I stopped.