Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bird Larry

OSHO and politics

15 posts in this topic

I read one place where one sannyasin ask OSHO "Why are you so harsh on politicians? Why do you compare them with dogs? Isn't that too much?" (paraphrasing)

He said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Sorry for the dogs. I shouldn't have compared dogs with politicians. It's offensive to the dogs."

Then he proceeded to say. "If there is one good politician, he must have been eliminated by the political world. Maybe in ancient times, kings were."

I may sound like an OSHO fan boy, but he keeps shitting on politicians whenever i listen to his talks on audio. He often compares politics to how the mind works.

Is there anything inherently wrong with politics? - to me politics mean governing a city, country, a domain. 

I just cannot grasp why he hated politicians so much. As if anyone, i mean anyone, 100% of people in politics have not good in them. Quite extreme isn't it? But if you listen to him, that's how he really talks about them! 

Edited by Bird Larry

Politics is dirty business. But the alternative is worse. You can't have a society without politics.

The solution is Conscious Politics and raising our collective level of development.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Osho does this because Osho is Indian and he is speaking from an Indian perspective. 

In India politics is extremely dangerous and full of extreme corruption, you name a malpractice, it happens in Indian politics. 

I won't blame Osho at all for having such a negative opinion on politics. Millions of Indians suffer because of pathetic stage Red politicians running the country and anyone who protests is either sent to jail or the mob comes knocking at their door. 

The politicians in India have a strong cults by bribing people to keep them voted and elected. 

Osho is extremely wise and he is right that it's an insult to dogs because dogs are very faithful. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Politics is dirty business. But the alternative is worse. You can't have a society without politics.

The solution is Conscious Politics and raising our collective level of development.

Do you ever have second thoughts of anyone who has aspirations in doing politics? Like sometimes in the back of my mind i feel a little weird with them

Second thoughts in terms of what? I will usually peg them at some stage in the Spiral then I'll know how much they can be trusted and how they can be expected to behave.

Of course I basically don't trust any human to not be self-deceived and selfish or subscribed to some limited and partial ideology.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Bird Larry  we need a revolution in politics. 

We need more conscious politics. That's the only way of lifting the dirt off of politics. 

@Preety_India Wow. Indian politics... lol. Is Indian totally democratic? I know china is not democratic. We like to show america as the country that did well with democracy. But we forget how india is stilll not very rich with the political system, while china has become quite rich even without democracy. 

@Bird Larry  the democracy in India is not real. 

Many votes are bought with money. People are bribed to vote. 

Corruption in voting causes unwanted leaders to get elected who aren't held accountable for their actions. 

It's a fake or namesake democracy. Most people don't feel free Expressing their political beliefs on social media. 

Local leaders can behave like goons 

As you can see in the following video a political party leader is beating up another man with a shoe, openly being violent. These are politicians being violent. 

@Bird Larry  I don't think that in America election is bought by money. 

American elections are fairly democratic and free. 

Maybe a little miscalculation here and there. 

But the majority vote plus electoral is free and fair with no corruption of the ballots. 

I don't know where you're from so I can't speak about your place. 

Edited by Preety_India

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

@Bird Larry  I don't think that in America election is bought by money. 

American elections are fairly democratic and free. 

what about the lobbies which have a huge influence?

wall street?

Chomsky: In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population.

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

what about the lobbies which have a huge influence?

wall street?

Chomsky: In the US, there is basically one party - the business party. It has two factions, called Democrats and Republicans, which are somewhat different but carry out variations on the same policies. By and large, I am opposed to those policies. As is most of the population.

You can always argue that candidates need campaign funding and the main source is usually the Big corporations and Wall Street. Completely. This is a systemic issue that even @Leo Gura talks about. You might have even heard Cenk Ugyur talk about it (from Tyt) 

Money and religion needs to be removed from American politics and that is going to take a lot of time but at least there is awareness about this issue. 

However if you only focus on the American public, you will see that constitutionally and in real life, electors are completely free in voting their favorite candidate without pressure, suppression, bribing, threatening or blackmail. That is a very appealing and democratic thing about America. 

From the perspective of OSHO, it seems right. Power games. Clashes of Ego. Self centric. Biased to their own profit.

Edited by howtoyellow

Talking bad about positions of power can be a way of getting others to follow and believe you instead. Not that that's either right or wrong, but a common enemy is a quick shortcut to loyalty. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost