Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris365

Am I held back by physicality?

7 posts in this topic

Whenever I feel something that I interpret as 'high(-er) consciousness', I default to imagine how my diet, or caffeine  I ingested, or something else in the environment modified my neurotransmitters which cause the high consciousness state. Because it seems to be such a direct effect of e.g. me ingesting caffeine, and 5-15 mins later, my state of being is elevated. So the neurotransmitters 'explanation' and physicality can lead to somewhat repeatable results, but is it a limiting belief?

The True explanation I've heard many times is that brains do not exist, and caffeine is just Consciousness affecting Consciousness and leading to altered Consciousness. Great. But how is this more useful than the physical explanation? It opens the door for the possibility of increasing Consciousness by not-immediately-physical means, like thinking and focusing on positive thoughts/imaginations that feel good and make one excited, increasing/altering 'your vibration'.

If the genetic lottery didn't deal you a neurotransmitter cocktail useful for spirituality work, is there still hope that by focusing on the True explanation, you can transcend physicality and increase Consciousness?

@Chris365

The true explanation is not what you are looking for, what you are looking for is what you are directly conscious of. Conscious presence is the territory, observe it,  be it without layering explanations you have learned on top of it. 

It is impossible to have an objective view on what is going on because there is always an ego layering interpretations, unless in a non-dual state. You have never experienced this “physical” world without consciousness being prior to it. All that is being experienced is the present moment with a explanation overlay, the materialist paradigm. 

The truth isn’t found threw explanation, it is found in what is. The understanding comes the more you learn, & take the teaching and observe what is being pointed to. As soon as you think you have the right explanation, you stop learning. I can point to something called the materialist paradigm, can you find it in yourself? Watch it working the ego, listen for the assumptions it makes, taste the thoughts that you were programmed with from birth. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

You can increase consciousness, but there are limits defined by your attachment to this life and human form.

You can't be a human and glide like a flying squirrel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Chris365 said:

Whenever I feel something that I interpret as 'high(-er) consciousness', I default to imagine how my diet, or caffeine  I ingested, or something else in the environment modified my neurotransmitters which cause the high consciousness state. Because it seems to be such a direct effect of e.g. me ingesting caffeine, and 5-15 mins later, my state of being is elevated. So the neurotransmitters 'explanation' and physicality can lead to somewhat repeatable results, but is it a limiting belief?

Yes. There is no ‘you’. That which the comparison is made with, a you in the past with a different state, is not ‘there’.   There is no actuality in comparisons of consciousnesses, because consciousness is not two. Consciousness is that which is appearing as the very comparisons, the thoughts about there being two compared. 

The True explanation I've heard many times is that brains do not exist, and caffeine is just Consciousness affecting Consciousness and leading to altered Consciousness. Great. But how is this more useful than the physical explanation? It opens the door for the possibility of increasing Consciousness by not-immediately-physical means, like thinking and focusing on positive thoughts/imaginations that feel good and make one excited, increasing/altering 'your vibration'.

Consciousness appears altered by comparison, but never is. Consciousness is also the appearance dubbed the comparison, the appearance of “thoughts” of separation being believed. 

If the genetic lottery didn't deal you a neurotransmitter cocktail useful for spirituality work, is there still hope that by focusing on the True explanation, you can transcend physicality and increase Consciousness?

No. Let all explanations go. That ain’t ‘it’. Carrying the weight of ‘climbing the consciousness mountain’ is adverse to well being. You started at the top. Deconstruct direct experience by investigating, let go of theories and comparisons, ‘arrive’ where you already are vs trying to get somewhere you can never be.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@OctagonOctopus good reminder that thoughts are layers on top of direct experience, thanks

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You can increase consciousness, but there are limits defined by your attachment to this life and human form.

You can't be a human and glide like a flying squirrel.

@Leo Gura I'm still far from realizing the full potential of this form... to even think it's limiting me... (yet another limiting belief)

53 minutes ago, Nahm said:

No. Let all explanations go. That ain’t ‘it’. Carrying the weight of ‘climbing the consciousness mountain’ is adverse to well being. You started at the top. Deconstruct direct experience by investigating, let go of theories and comparisons, ‘arrive’ where you already are vs trying to get somewhere you can never be.

@Nahm

Consciousness is Already here.

Consciousness is Always here.

damn you thoughts ! :)

Thinking a bit more about this, I uncovered a belief that I feel deep down that feelings/emotions appear first, as a result of physical changes in body and environment, these feelings then are interpreted to thoughts, based on past experiences. So trying to change thoughts, with the expectation it'll make me feel better I see as not very efficient, since thoughts do not influence physicality directly (in my old misguided belief).

I need to contemplate this more and renounce this belief that does not feel good, like "I" am out of control of whatever feelings and thoughts arise, since physicality/circumstances is what creates them.

Whenever a negative thought or emotion arises, my immediate reflex is to check what in my environment/food has changed that could explain it, when it is only a guidance from above that the thought or belief is moving me out-of-alignment.

What feels good is that state of being (vibration) creates reality, and emotions are a guidance system that show how in alignment or not our thoughts/beliefs are with the higher self/Soul/God/Life/Source. Need to focus on non-physicality more, stay in that state more.

On 11/17/2020 at 6:34 AM, Chris365 said:

Once you realize this a dream you will be blown away by what your doing daily to create everything you see. You will also be able to manipulate reality to your will. You can create the story you want which if your not aware is literally manifesting physical reality. If I threw a ball I literally manifested that happening into existence . You can live all day in concepts of brains and chemicals but all that is is you taking the power and magic away from yourself as god and pretending it’s something not you that’s making it. It makes everything else powerful and u a pawn when you see the world in the way you do. You did this on purpose though it’s key self deception make you think your not the most important thing in the room if you know what I mean. Don’t give away your power to concepts realize what’s actually going on right now.