IamMystic

Time Doesn't Exist

29 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

But what then is a memory of a past event? I mean if the "past" is just a concept, then what is a memory "of" exactly? If it is pure hallucination (like in a dream), then why does it seem so relevant to us personally? Why can other people corroborate a "past" memory of yours?

Consider that memory is a concept of a concept. It is a form experience of a form experience. A dream within a dream.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@IamMystic The traditional understanding of reality is that events unfold as intervals in this 1D continuous quantity called time. 

An interval/(line segment) contains an infinite number of points. And the present moment is conceptualised as a single point. 

Yet we know, everything is always now and we're always in the present. But conceptually speaking, it's confusing. A point is sizeless by definition. A snapshot of time is fixed, there's no leeway for movement or flux. Yet we experience flux, experience change as a lived reality. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 hours ago, lmfao said:

Yet we experience flux, experience change as a lived reality. 

And to add, that flux appears to happen at a certain rate in our subjective experience. That's how the concept of time is built up in the first place. 

All stories and explanations are false.

Maybe humans evolved to experience flux at a certain rate, and other forms experience flux at their own rates. We know from Einstein's theory that a faster moving object experiences time at a slower rate than a slower moving object. As we approach becoming light, time should move slower in the relative dream dimension.

When superhumans happen, maybe their experience of flux will be so slowed that it approaches timelessness. Some of them have already happened, and I sense that when they realize timelessness, they are reabsorbed into pure Consciousness. Even more rare, some of them come back to tell us about the experience. Collectively, once Consciousness maximizes its creation, maybe it does a reboot, and everything starts all over again.

Someone posted a cool TED talk from Donald Hoffman yesterday. His research shows that evolution selects for fit, rather than for accuracy, in perceiving reality. The experience of flux must correlate with survivability.

My sense is that there is no change, movement, diversity, boundary, space, or time in Consciousness. These phenomena only exist in the dream, and everything Consciousness dreams happens infinitely, always.

I suspect that Consciousness chooses to keep the dream alive always. So time and space will always exist, as will the endless multitude of evolving and ultimately devolving, created and dissolving, form identities, within the dream dimension.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha I don't meditate as regularly anymore or go into concentration states as much anymore. But I can definitely relate to the notion flux alters or slows down when you reach higher consciousness. I used to be obsessed with the question of time, am open to the idea it doesn't even exist. And the question has popped up again for me.

To say any sort of word inside your head requires time, but if you're very much in the present moment you can in a sense not give it that time, and your mind becomes more quiet. When you're in the present moment enough, to a degree you can shoot down thoughts before they even happen like an archer. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao I agree, and the same change in flux state seems to be true for space. In meditation, or any other Conscious experience, the flux state becomes more aligned with reality. Time and space are illusions, and the more Conscious we are, the closer we come to transcending them. Our awareness expands outward, and the illusions of sequence and distance collapse, until we realize the unitive state of Consciousness that is reality.

Time is an idea in god's mind. Basically we are in the now, did you see how if you lose your watch or don't watch the time you don't know what time it is? It is imaginary clocks and calendars that measure imaginary time in an imaginary world in consciousness xD

15 hours ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

did you see how if you lose your watch or don't watch the time you don't know what time it is?

I'd look up in the sky, but your point is understood.

All stories and explanations are false.

Time exists only in our conception of reality: the past as the memory and the future as the plan, while we exist only now.