WonderSeeker

Dating and COVID

6 posts in this topic

As COVID is getting worse in the U.S., approaching is becoming less appealing. The only place I've really tried lately is the grocery store. For example, I had a cute cashier and we got into a good conversation (I was complimenting her in the mix and she was flattered). I didn't "finish," meaning ask for number, because of a belief that women do not want to get asked out at work (and I didn't wanna put her on the spot while she was scanning my groceries). What do you think? Split on this one.

Since options are slim because people can't really mingle anywhere (especially now that businesses are getting put on hold again), I am exploring online dating. I made a Tinder a few days ago and instantly got dissatisfied with it (for many reasons). Deleted that shit within the evening. Are there any good dating websites out there that people use who are serious about dating (and not just immature people only looking for casual sex)? I'm having trouble finding a good platform that enough people use.

Cheers!

I appreciate all these threads reading dating in these times

Here in my country we're undergoing 2nd lockdown 

I have the very same experience you  relate with Tinder. I've heard of eHarmony. Here is not so popular but the good review i read about it was from a US user. 

Just wait with dating untill you can take the covid 19 vaccine. It wont be long now. It will probably come in april. I bet this pandemic will come to an end the summer 2021.

@Recursoinominado You're also right

Dunno

I never had any interest in dating thb...then realized that i has to work on my personal struggles first

But yes, know that I realized it all seems weird this pressure i put on myself to get to know ppl socialize, meet guys, etc

On 15. 11. 2020 at 1:18 AM, WonderSeeker said:

As COVID is getting worse in the U.S., approaching is becoming less appealing. The only place I've really tried lately is the grocery store. For example, I had a cute cashier and we got into a good conversation (I was complimenting her in the mix and she was flattered). I didn't "finish," meaning ask for number, because of a belief that women do not want to get asked out at work (and I didn't wanna put her on the spot while she was scanning my groceries). What do you think? Split on this one.

Honestly my female colleges have told me about some awkward moments when at work a guy was making an approach but they had to be polite and all that since it's their job to do so. Honestly knowing how important part of the job is for cashiers to be polite I would be very hesitant to hit on them. Of course in some places cashiers have some basic human rights and are not forced to smile and be polite all the time, in places like that it would be easier.

Personally I was planning to go on a date, but cancelled it because of the 2nd wave. Let's take this shit seriously, even if you are young there are still lots of unknows long term effects connected to COVID, and you can cause serious harm to folks who are older or have other pre-existing conditions. 

Edited by RareGodzilla