Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UNZARI

3d sculpture business (any advice?)

6 posts in this topic

hey everybody so not to long ago i bought my first 3d printer after looking at doing this for years. never took the idea seriously until i just said fuck it. 

i learned 3d modeling in the 2 weeks before it arrived in the mail, then i just began making sculptures with the printer when it came. i’m 19 and have a 9-5 and wonder if anyone has any advice on how to grow my first business. it’s all i really care about I LOVE IT. it’s all i do everyday. 

i make tend to make sculptures that are emotional or psychedelic. this whole thing really took off after a very intense mushroom trip. 

ive sold a little over half of what i’ve made so far so i know that people are interested in my art. my question is what angle could i present these that would make them more attractive to the customers. i’ve managed to even draw in “popular” kids from my old highschool, most of my customers are locals. i need a way to really draw them in if that’s aesthetically or through some sort of deal. any ideas? i mostly sell through instagram. how do i get people addicted to these like crack but while also staying authentic? i don’t want to sell my soul. i want to spread the love i feel for these to other people... also make some money lol. 

sorry if these were vague questions, just hoping for some ideas.

(shameless advertisement) also if you want to see more the instagram is @20o0o1 

?

DAB2EAAA-4750-4757-BDC4-A65E8B9C3CBD.jpeg

04A0960B-3082-4B4A-874B-47E02F413A41.jpeg

BF4E0865-053D-4849-BAE0-D59DA6D79F11.jpeg

Edited by UNZARI

11 hours ago, UNZARI said:

04A0960B-3082-4B4A-874B-47E02F413A41.jpeg

Awesome!

Edited by Everyday

I really liked your 2nd and 3rd sculptures. It looks like you made a good start on your new career and you can achieve much more if you keep up your pace. Since you said that you want to make psychedelic artworks, maybe you should try to get in contact with Ben Ridgway or other 3D sculptors that you find interesting. I've found that having conversations with other artists about business is very eye opening. 

I wish you all the best, good luck! 

Edited by amenX

Cool designs. 

My dad has had some success as a sculptor. The way he has done so it applying for competitions when they come up, that is where he gets exposure, and then other galleries get interested in your work, art collectors become patrons. 

Also regular art exhibitions is a good way to get exposure, also can be really fun, fulfilling projects. 

Have lots of product, apply for things as soon as they come up. 

21 hours ago, Mada_ said:

Cool designs. 

My dad has had some success as a sculptor. The way he has done so it applying for competitions when they come up, that is where he gets exposure, and then other galleries get interested in your work, art collectors become patrons. 

Also regular art exhibitions is a good way to get exposure, also can be really fun, fulfilling projects. 

Have lots of product, apply for things as soon as they come up. 

thank you for the advice! that will be something i’ll put more focus into. i went to my local art fair that happens every month to sell graphic arts but then covid happened and they stopped doing art fairs so the idea of galleries hasn’t crossed my mind in a while. that would be really exciting 

On 11/15/2020 at 4:58 AM, amenX said:

I really liked your 2nd and 3rd sculptures. It looks like you made a good start on your new career and you can achieve much more if you keep up your pace. Since you said that you want to make psychedelic artworks, maybe you should try to get in contact with Ben Ridgway or other 3D sculptors that you find interesting. I've found that having conversations with other artists about business is very eye opening. 

I wish you all the best, good luck! 

hell yeah i’ve already been discovering some really awesome people and have contacted a few but you’re right this is a very good method. i plan on asking them business related questions as well. thanks man!