Superfluo

Fashion

7 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I'd like to improve my fashion. I'm very much clueless about matching clothing , style in general, trends, principles, etc.

I'd like some advice, and to learn the principles and ideas behind fashion.

What are you're favourite styles? Which are the best big stores to buy clothes? How do I choose a style?

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

Fashion trends are changing all the time.

If I were you I would probably just try out a bunch of different stuff and pick the ones I like best.

12 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

I'd like some advice, and to learn the principles and ideas behind fashion.

What are you're favourite styles? Which are the best big stores to buy clothes? How do I choose a style?

There are likely very good youtube videos on this stuff.

2 hours ago, Superfluo said:

How do I choose a style?

This is the most important factor to figure out.

There's tons of different styles and they can all work. It all depends on you.

How do you want to express yourself?

What kind of person are you?

What do you feel is authentic?

Then choose your clothes accordingly.

@Byun Sean

2 hours ago, Byun Sean said:

There are likely very good youtube videos on this stuff.

Thanks. Do you know some good channels worth noting?

@aurum

Thanks, sometimes I forget the basics.

Edited by Superfluo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo As I get older I realise how useful style can be at helping you in social situations. It really does change the way people perceive you. 

I'm assuming you are a young male here. I'll give you some points based on what I personally think is good style, but as aurum said above it really depends on you and what you like: 1) Buy well fitted clothing. 2) Use only a few colours for each outfit, 3) Use block colours, as in large areas of colour. No graphic t shirts unless its a stand out piece amoungst other more simple items of clothing. 4) Shoes say a lot! If you want to wear trainers/sneakers, go for some simple all white style. Otherwise wear some chelsea boots, smart leather shoes etc. 

I like shops like ZARA, COS, All Saints, UNIQLO. These are fairly inexpensive and sell relatively high quality, well fitted clothing. The problem with the really cheap stores like Primark or H&M is that the clothing doesn't fit great, in my experience.

Go into clothing stores and take photos of the mannequins - people often ignore these completely, but they are styled by actual stylists! 

Pinterest is also a great place to get fashion inspiration.  

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I recommend Real Man Real Style youtube channel. I think that @Space have a great advice

I would suggest to get second hand clothes. It's super cheap and you don't have to worry about making fashion mistakes. If you make a mistake you can replace your clothes without spending a lot of money - it doesn't work this way if you paid a full price. Buying used and cheap clothes also allows you to be more playful with your style.

@Space @Username

Thank you!