iceprincess

what are some legit reasons to vote for trump?

24 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, iceprincess said:

voting is pretty tight between Biden and trump so there must be a lot of intelligent, good natured people who are voting red. My question is what is the rationale behind it? I keep reading that the economy is way better since trump has been in office, is that true? is there even just one good thing he's done? also why is it that majority voted for Obama for both terms and then majority went over to trump after? what has the Obama administration done wrong that made people switch over?? 

There are no positive reasons essentially. It's all negative, fear-based reasons. Of course, progressives and leftists will easily see that there aren't any positive reasons, but even right-wingers and conservatives don't really have positive reasons to vote for Trump. They just hate the Democratic party. They hate Hillary Clinton, they hate Joe Biden, they hate Kamala Harris. They make a lot of moral cases against the Democratic party.

They don't like suppression of Trumpism, some of them don't like the suppression of conspiracy theories by tech companies. They feel like tech companies are censoring them out because the tech companies have a vested interest in promoting the Left. Here's how their rationale goes - tech companies are pro-immigration because it cheapens labor, thereby taking away jobs from citizens and giving them to immigrants. Therefore, tech companies have a selfish, biased agenda to bring progressivism in, which is a tool of capitalism. They make a moral case against this and vote against this.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

No you banned me for saying there is a female equivalent for a misogynist. Which is unfair.

They are called misandrists.

That's not what happened and you were not banned....or you wouldn't be posting now. You were given a warning with points for what I already said, "red pill ideology". If you had other pts on your record the system will give you "x" amount of days "off", once you reach a certain number.

The absolute beauty of stepping down from being a mod is ... I no longer have to care, be concerned or hear whining from members that break the guidelines, then say that getting a warning in their case was unfair.

Also, after awhile I reversed one of your warnings for name-calling off your record because I had noticed you had been following the guidelines. I didn't have to do that! I even said I'd consider removing the warnings for the more serious stuff in 6 months.

If you require to discuss this more you can PM me, so there won't be anymore derailing of the thread. Although I've already said my peace.

Oh yes, I found the PM. Yeah, I'm such a meanie.

Gimme a break. 

Screenshot_20201106-182339_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

They feel like tech companies are censoring them out because the tech companies have a vested interest in promoting the Left.

This is a very worthy topic for discussion in its own right.

The tech companies are very much responsible for extremist cults arising in the first place, as their algorithms promote user engagement (therefore advertising revenue) at any cost. It is intentional, devoid of any ethics and they call it 'brain hacking'. This provides fertile soil for lunatic conspiracy theories, demonisation of minorities, false accusations towards political opponents, mass paranoia, divisive rhetoric, misinformation and so on. Once it reached an extreme, tech companies started censoring far-right movements in an ad hoc manner. This leads to an apparent leftist bias when it's more a case of the far right movements generally being far more militant, ruthless and organised spreaders of tactical disinformation.

Both sides of politics should hold tech companies to account for the mayhem that they have caused in the name of lining their pockets. The only reason they have done so legally is that the AI technology is too new to be understood or controlled. Imagine bringing a car back in time to the 19th century. There would be no road rules whatsoever because the technology has not been moderated in any way. This is a pressing issue of our time.

We could actually agree on something!

Do you believe it's likely that you'll get a well balance, unbiased opinion about reasons to vote for Trump on a clearly left-leaning forum?

If you're seeking a genuine answer you'll have to step out of you bubble, find a right-leaning forum and ask them.

Edited by Pav