Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Is it dangerous to burn salt in a fry pan so it becomes non-stick?

7 posts in this topic

I have an iron frying pan and when I fry meat in it it becomes a disaster.

I used to have non-stick frying pans but ditch them since I heard you guys that they were toxic.

So I found out a trick in the internet. You are supposed to put a shitload of salt in the frying pan, and burn it a little bit, and then retire the salt.

After you do this, you can fry whatever you want withouth the problem of getting stick to the base of the pan.

My question is...is it dangerous to do this? 

But when it sticks it gets a nice crust. 

You can always buy a ceramic pan, they do not leech any shit into the food. 

Also, do you use oil when cooking meat? Generally, oil is not necessary for 90% of the time you cook except when cooking meat. In such cases I'd probably use some olive oil. Cook on medium heat and turn it around more often to prevent burning. Alternatively, you could look into air fryers or pressure cookers.

No idea about the salt bit, never heard about it

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

8 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

You can always buy a ceramic pan, they do not leech any shit into the food. 

Also, do you use oil when cooking meat? Generally, oil is not necessary for 90% of the time you cook except when cooking meat. In such cases I'd probably use some olive oil. Cook on medium heat and turn it around more often to prevent burning. Alternatively, you could look into air fryers or pressure cookers.

No idea about the salt bit, never heard about it

Yes I use oil when cooking meat. If not is very easy for me to get the meat burned

I´ve found using coconut oil prevents me from burning the oil much better than olive oil.

It seems olive oil gets burned much easier. It´s difficult for me to fry meat with olive oil. 

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Yes I use oil when cooking meat. If not is very easy for me to get the meat burned

I´ve found using coconut oil prevents me from burning the oil much better than olive oil.

It seems olive oil gets burned much easier. It´s difficult for me to fry meat with olive oil. 

maybe universe is telling you to stop eating meat :P

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

maybe universe is telling you to stop eating meat :P

Hahah you bet my sink just got stucked today and when I managed to pull out what food rests were producing the stuckness it was the little bits of meat of yesterdays burguer that I had to thrwo down the sink because they got burned

@Michael569

I do get only ecological meat with animal welfare certified tho´. 

@Javfly33

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

My question is...is it dangerous to do this? 

It isn't, there's no problem with doing it.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)