Mesopotamian

[book] Emotional Intellegence 2.0 (10/garbage)

6 posts in this topic

I can't remember who recommended this book, but I feel serious discomfort when I try to read it. I tried to go through it, and whenever my eyes are on any paragraph, I see nothing new, no methods, no intelligence, just nothing. 

One silly story to remember is when a boss and his team discussing who's the one to blame for failure, and the author instruct not to make a joke on expense of the member they identified as a weak point, imagine reading a chapter in order to get basic stuff like that! 

On 31/10/2020 at 8:06 AM, Mesopotamian said:

no intelligence

Seems like you were looking for an analytical book to raise your EQ points through exercises, formulas and testing methods? This is not how you raise your EQ. I have known people with exceeding intelligence and logic thinking yet when it came to emotional understanding they were as hollow as a rock. Absolutely zero empathy & emotional recognition of others. This is because EQ development is a skill and one you need to hone and practice for a decade. If you approach this sort of material from an intellectual perspective it appears fairy and woowoo. 

The book teaches you not "how to increase some EQ number". It teaches you how to read yourown intuition, how to navigate your existence not using logic and rational brain all the time and how to REALLY understand what people are saying rather than just getting the facts. 

Maybe you need to switch off all your analytics filters, preconceptions & judgements and read it again.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 I don't care. This book is absolute garbage, I wrote here so that people will stay away of it. It almost feels like gossip stuff. If you care enough to prove it is a good book, I challenge  you to bring me one advance tip of how to be a better person from the book itself.

It sounds weird that you care so much to disqualify my opinion in the book, it is as if it touches something in you. It is just a book, let it go, and it is a total garbage.

Edited by Mesopotamian

Check Daniel Goleman's book Emotional Intelligence, he explains how it works from a very scientific objective way.

He's the one who put the term emotional intelligence in the world by bringing all studies together and simplifying the insights. 

10/10

Connect to Create ☼♡

1 hour ago, Thimoned said:

Thank you for your opinion! For some reason, many acquaintances praised this book. I somehow prepared nursing assignment and this book helped me quite well. More precisely, not directly to me, it was used in the text from https://assignmentbro.com/us/nursing-assignment-help, and maybe not this one, but another book on emotional intelligence. Perhaps you can recommend another book? I would really like to work on it.

My Bible note is a book called "influence" . I am reading around 10%a month just because every chapter is an absolute mind fuck. Based on scientific research. I can't remember the name of the author. I believe starts with Robert. I am outside right now

EI 2.0 contains more than 80 tips on how to deal with emotional issues and people. But it has less depth. If  you listen on audio, you have to listen carefully because the audio will say out like 6 tips with short description at one go and then move on to the next chapter with another few tips at one go.

There's another emotional intelligence book by Daniel Goleman. That one has more explanation and more depth but lacks examples and practical tips. 

So depends on which type you like or simply read both. My advice is read them and don't listen to audios. I typically only take 3/4 as much time as the person reading even at (1.5x speed). I absorb more from reading than from listening on audio.