Scholar

Excellent video on Cognitive Dissonance, important for this Community

8 posts in this topic

Some simple points many people here seem to have difficulty grasping. Even the commentators in the video seem to have a better grasp of this than some people in here who claim to meditate and do self-inquiry work. Quote:

Nothing astonishes me more than how arbitrarily some people choose to appeal to moral relativism in one instance, but not others. Pure bias.

I have tried to point this out to many people in here, who are doing that very same thing.

This is vital to get a grasp on even outside of the topic that is being discussed in the video. As conscious individuals we must develope a good sense of when we are being biased. This is why such a challenging topic is so excellent to demonstrate this phenomenon.

Sometimes we need to go back to the lower stages and learn that which we have skipped to learn, so that our development can be well-rounded. For the vast majority of people in here the greatest oppurtunity for growth is to learn to integrate the lower stages, rather than looking at ideals that can only be achieved when these "lower-level aspects" have been integrated in the first place.

Glory to Israel

Self-bias and double-standards are core to how the ego-mind survives and builds it's relative worldview. I've talked about this a lot.

It's not arbitrary. It's survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Self-bias and double-standards are core to how the ego-mind survives and builds it's relative worldview. I've talked about this a lot.

It's not arbitrary. It's survival.

Precisely, which is why being clearly able to identify this kind of bias is so central to consciousness work.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar

Seems like a world wide quarantine,  easy access to understanding the history of similar scenarios, and a health & obesity epidemic would be enough to drive the message home. It’s not, but geez, seems like it would be.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Calling out my self deceptions like that.. like, bro, just let me eat my fkin Mcdonalds.

15 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Calling out my self deceptions like that.. like, bro, just let me eat my fkin Mcdonalds.

Extending your compassion to those beings you are consuming will be a far greater reward than any pleasure or convinience you could experience.

Glory to Israel

1 minute ago, Scholar said:

Extending your compassion to those beings you are consuming will be a far greater reward than any pleasure or convinience you could experience.

Maybe. But something like going vegan is way out into the future for someone like myself. 

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

Precisely, which is why being clearly able to identify this kind of bias is so central to consciousness work.

What are your biases? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?