Rilles

Spiral Insights

91 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What are the differences between the 6 senses? Are there similarities?

•A sound has duration, amplitude, pitch.

•Sight has shape, color and movement. Sight can also be fooled, like optical illusions.  Sight is limited to a certain amount of colors and shapes. Sight is limited by distance and the visual field. 

Awareness sees without eyes. Awareness is prior to sight. 

I remembered this one time when we were taught that we perceive with our ability to love. If we are full of love a whole new world of spirits, orbs, elementals, angels etc. becomes 'sensible' to us. It's like when people start to hear a leaf talking on LSD trips. an interesting perspective on perception. What we perceive on a daily basis is not ultimate reality. 

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

4 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

I remembered this one time when we were taught that we perceive with our ability to love. If we are full of love a whole new world of spirits, orbs, elementals, angels etc. becomes 'sensible' to us. It's like when people start to hear a leaf talking on LSD trips. an interesting perspective on perception. What we perceive on a daily basis is not ultimate reality. 

And yet. A leaf talking is still limited to the 6 senses. ;) What if you had 12 senses? What would they be? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles I would probably be a different being. Like a different kind of an animal. Or an alien. Consciousness is creative.

Stay cool & dry.

6 minutes ago, Shunyata said:

@Rilles I would probably be a different being. Like a different kind of an animal. Or an alien. Consciousness is creative.

And we cant imagine that being because it would have senses we dont have. Its so tricky.  xD If you try to imagine a new sense you have to use the senses you do have. xD

When youre sleeping and get awoken by someone. How can you be awoken if youre not aware of the waking itself? 

Imagine someone pinches you. Boom, youre awake. How is this possible if there is no awareness there?

Are we aware in deep sleep? 

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

When youre sleeping and get awoken by someone. How can you be awoken if youre not aware of the waking itself? 

Imagine someone pinches you. Boom, youre awake. How is this possible if there is no awareness there?

Are we aware in deep sleep? 

What if deep sleep is a state of consciousness where you believe you're totally unconscious ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

What if deep sleep is a state of consciousness where you believe you're totally unconscious ?

How can I believe something if the mind is not there? 

Or do you mean I believe it while Im awake?

20 minutes ago, Rilles said:

How can I believe something if the mind is not there? 

Or do you mean I believe it while Im awake?

When you're awake ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

When you're awake ?

Well Im contemplating it.

I think I can be there as awareness even if my senses are not.

So to be asleep is to be without sense perception.

Then when you dream subtle thought and imagination kicks in.

Then when you wake up from sleep the gross perceptions kick in. 

Awareness is always there.

The reason sleep goes by in an instant is because awareness isnt aware of time. :) 

Edited by Rilles

One of Leos best. 

I believe in the Theory of Gravity even though I have never read a single word about it. Shame on me for being so duped by science. I wonder if we just take on beliefs because we want to be accepted by others who believe the same. 

Me and my mind:

"You have never read anything about it?"

"Well its probably true"

"But thats just an assumption? How can you know its true when you havent read about it?"

"Well, science is reliable"

"How do you know science is reliable?, who told you that?"

"Science did."

"What possible reason could they have for saying they are reliable?;)"

"Interesting."

Edited by Rilles

The hypocrisy of Scientism is...

When they study the world they look at objects...

When they study consciousness they look at their ideas

Why doesnt consciousness warrant direct observation?

Look at it! Its right fudging here! ?auuuummm

Edited by Rilles

Someone should start the Consciousness Observatorium where 500 scientists sit everyday and do self-inquiry for 10 hours. Imagine the revolution! 

4 Types Of Prayer

With closed eyes and a quiet room.

Loving Self-Talk

Talking to yourself silently (as if youre loving father/mother figure) when you are stressed, depressed, anxious. Telling yourself you are strong, wonderful and can get through whatever youre going through, getting in touch with the stressful emotion/tension and relieving it. Self-rejuvenation. 

Keeping Others In Mind

Thinking about loved ones and others who you dont usually think about since the ego is 99% of the time self-concerned, sending them love. 

Forgiveness

Version 1: Similar to the first, forgiving yourself for everything you cant live up to, loving yourself as much as possible, telling yourself youre okay, there is noone to be. 

Optional Version 2: Forgiving others who you dislike. 

Gratitude

Can also be done with eyes open if in a beautiful natural environment. Thanking the universe for all the simple beauty. Like the birds, the sky, the breath, restful sleep, whatever youre grateful for.

Integrating my Christian shadow self. 

Are we different from animals?

Humans use...

Agriculture - but Leafcutter Ants and Beetles farm fungus as well as many other animals!

Speech - Animals HAVE Speech, but we call it "communication" have you ever been to a jungle? Do you hear all that noise? 

Writing - Does not being able to write make you less human? What about poor people? Disabled people? Are they not human? 

Tools - Animals dont NEED tools! Humans use tools because we dont have claws and sharp teeth so in reality were the underdeveloped ones... Without tools we might have gone extinct! But just for the fun of it. Chimpanzees use spears! Most of the tools that animals use are built-in. The wings of a bird or the mandibles of a beetle. 

Buildings - Ants build incredibly complex structures, so do bees, birds build nests!

Cognitive - Animals dont think...? How do you know? How do you know I am thinking? Quite a speculation to assume that somebody is thinking or not...

Complexity - humans are more complex! We have colonized the planet! - So have ants and birds, they are everywhere on the planet. There are more ants than humans. Complexity doesnt equal superiority. A cancer is more complex than a rock? Is it superior to it?

Food for thought. To crack your mind open. 

Edited by Rilles

Scientism uses gatekeeping.

Examples.

"Those people over there are not rational, theyre woo-woo.

You wont find any good knowledge from them.

They dont have Phd's.

They will fool you.

They only want money from you.

Its a cult.

Its not scientific.

Its archaic non-sense, we know better nowadays.

Its wishful thinking.

Religion is not useful"

Isnt it interesting? Why does this happen? What happens if you step outside the bounds? What might you find? In a certain sense they are shaming you for stepping out on your own. Collective ego?

Quite similar to fundamentalism. Except they use different wording.

"Those people are evil, those people will drag you down to hell, youll end up betrayed, youll become an evil atheist"

Edited by Rilles

Incredible documentary. Ruthless Stage Red king but he changed history so dramatically!

Edited by Rilles