levani

breathing problem

15 posts in this topic

i got into a fight as a kid, i have a deviated septum and sometimes it gets hard breathing out of 1 nostril.

The way i see it is I have two options.

1. so surgery to unbock 1 sinus / fix one septum

or

2. some type of eastern medicine approach / herbal perhaps ?

any suggestions ?

i'll actually also get my nose checked in about a month, made the appointment yesterday.

If it's blocked i'm probably going for surgery.

There was an interesting Rogan podcast a while ago which talked about the importance of nose breathing, don't remember the guests name though.

13 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i'll actually also get my nose checked in about a month, made the appointment yesterday.

If it's blocked i'm probably going for surgery.

There was an interesting Rogan podcast a while ago which talked about the importance of nose breathing, don't remember the guests name though.

you think it's worth getting the surgery ? maybe there's some boiling water mint / towell alternative ?

5 minutes ago, levani said:

you think it's worth getting the surgery ? maybe there's some boiling water mint / towell alternative ?

depends on the severity. if they say it's not severe i won't but if they say i'd have a real benefit then i will.

here's the podcast

I actually had the same problem (only that I am not sure where the deviation came from) and suffered from not being able to breathe properly (getting even worse in the summer with the heat or in winter with dry air in heated rooms) and my nose was always blocked.

I used to clean my nose with a nose collunarium every morning and evening but the effects usually did not last very long and even right afterwards I felt far from being able to breathe freely.

Eventually I got surgery and though the days after surgery are really not very great, once the splints are removed and the first healing is done, it is really so much better! To me it was worth it, and I would definitely make the same decision again! The difference was remarkable for me.

since deviated septum is a mechanical obstruction of your own nasal cartilage being in the way, I don't think you can fix that with herbs (but don't let that become a limiting belief, chances are there are techniques out there you can try to fix it yourself ).

But I'd say this is one of those cases where cosmetic surgery can fix you up nicely. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

But I'd say this is one of those cases where cosmetic surgery can fix you up nicely. 

And while they're already operating and we're at it i could even get a nicer nose with a little fix :P 

just kidding 

On 29/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, Michael569 said:

since deviated septum is a mechanical obstruction of your own nasal cartilage being in the way, I don't think you can fix that with herbs (but don't let that become a limiting belief, chances are there are techniques out there you can try to fix it yourself ).

cosmetic is different

rhinoplasty / make the nose look better

saptoplasty / make the nose function healthily

apparently ??‍♀️, anyway i think I will bite the bullet and do the surgery.

what's your concern with having this surgery? 

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 last two times i was at the dentist, they injected the nolvacane or whatever and i had a terrifying response from it, i started shaking and it was not pretty so now i am wary of local/general anaesthetics, and also the recovery time is a bit bleh

@levani  Surgery is very tricky. Can make it even worse, and you'll have scar tissue in your nose, might not smell as well as before.

There is no herbal cure for a deviated septum.

However, dairy products and inflammation drive muccus production which leads to less free airways. 

Do the following: when you go to the doc, let them vacuum your nostrils so that momentarily you can breath freely. If that works and you feel great, no need for surgery, work on your mucccus problems 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

I’ve been suffering from a chronic sinusitis for more than ten years. The surgery did help only a bit.
What I can recommend to you or anyone who’s got breathing problems: Plasma Liquid spray (that’s what it’s called in Europe. The important ingredient is cold plasma). It’s a relatively new invention and an awesome quick fix. The liquid moisturizes your sinuses and kills bacteria and viruses, and may even prevent you from getting COVID-19. 

@levani One bottle is about 20€ and lasts between 4 and 8 weeks depending on how much I use it. At the beginning I sprayed twice in every nostril three times a day, now I only spray once because my breathing got a lot better.
It’s incredibly effective and has no side effects.